Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Questions for all Cervini onwers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 11:21 AM
70/05 stang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Questions for all Cervini onwers

Sorry Tassy5 I bought the car this way, so I can not answer your questions. It was built by a shop called Dales in New Jersey. I never got to talk to the shop that built it.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM
dennysmustang

I am not done yet, but my buddy and I have begun the transition to the 'Eleanor' on his '05 and my '06. So far, we've been really impressed with the kit. At this point we have installed the side skirts, side exhaust, side scoops and quarter window covers. The pieces were really clean, the onlyissue was trying to remove all the oils off the pieces (assuming from the molds at cervini), which takes quite a bit of time. There's a little bit of clean up, if your meticulous about it, and then primer and paint. The pieces came out great. The skirts have screws and double stick tape, while the scoops and window cover are double stick tape only. I was worried about it, but after putting them on, I can see how they should be fine - seem permanent at this point. Just be sure to clean the areas good with some type of alcohol wipe, etc. I'll let you know soon enough when the Arizona heat hits 115 and the pieces stay on

The exhaust was amazing, thought we'd have to go to an exhaust shop, but the stock exhaust un-bolts in about 25 minutes and the cervini exhaust was up before the hour was over (two people working on it). No welding at all. The mounts for the exhaust line up to existing threaded holes in the car, almost like Ford and cervini worked it out ahead of time. The only negative so far is that the exhaust bolts directly to the car (rear bracket has bushing) and therefore some vibration is transferred. I installed some rubber bushings myself to help dampen the vibe noise, and it made all the difference. Next phase is to do the front clip and hood. I don't have measurements, (guessing about a 3" clearance of lowest point - exhaust, and maybe 4 inches for side pieces) but I can tell you that I've been waiting to lower my car to see where the kit ends up, and with the side skirts on, I'm leaning toward a very minimal drop (if any). I love the dropped look,but there's too many obstacles if you intend to drive the car. Currently, I have not lowered it and have had no issues with speed bumps, etc, and yet everyone who sees the car thinks it's been lowered,just by the appearance of the kit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/45594/CCE7379F24B942D99977C912C00002E9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-27-2007, 06:28 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

where did you get those saleen rims, and how much $ with the tires?. The car looks awesome..,,,<<<
Old 01-28-2007, 07:19 PM
70/05 stang
1st Gear Member

For the guys that want to know measurements on the Cervini's side exhaust kit.
I have stock springs with 235/55/17 stock wheels and tires.
I have a Rouch front bumper 6 1/16 in. (attachment 1)
Cervini's side body kit lowest point 3 1/4 in. (attachment 2)
Bottom of side exhaust lowest point 3 1/8 in. (attachment 3)
Cervini's rear valence 6 1/4 in. (attachment 4)

Hope this will help
Old 01-28-2007, 09:48 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hello everyone! Matt pretty much said it all in his write up.....I guess I need to get off midnights to get my write up done before everyone else. So if it is redundant than please bear with me. The front of my car is not lowered but the back is. I loved the dropped look and the rear having been lowered with the Steeda ultralites (approx 1.25 inches) took some of the rake from the car away and lined it up with the front better maybe within .25 inches. I measured the midpoint of the front wheel well to the ground and the rear wheel well to the ground and there is about 1.25 inches difference between the 2 with the rear being higher. That being said and the fact that I only have 3.5 or 4 inches of clearance in the front without the springs and the rear just needed to be dropped a little...hence my decision to go with the steeda springs (got a deal on them too). Many people talk about the rear end being offset when you drop the car but I have not experienced any issues as if yet. NO funny noises or abnormal wear to the tires. Remember I have 20" rims on the car and it is a 30 series tire all round. Cervinis advertises that there is 5.25 inches of clearance in the front before dropping the car with the new Cervinis bumper. I did not have that experience as the tires are different than what Cervinis uses and the fact that not all cars sit the exact same from the factory. Do all your measurements on a flat even (level) surface...I did mine in my garage and placed a level near each tire before measuring...now it won't be a perfect measurement but it is close. I measured the side exhaust after from front to back at 4 different points along the whole side skirt and there is about 4 inches in the front and at the exhaust tip (which is the lowest part of the kit, other than dropping it in the front) it is about 3.5-3.75 inches depending on if you measured from the tip of the exhaust tip or the middle of the exhaust tip at its thickest. I have neverhad any problems with this setup but there are special considerations when you have this kit. Go slow over any bump, do not bottom out the car and if you are doing that than you deserve what will happen next which might be ripping off the exhaust. Now I am not sure about other states but here in Michigan the curbs are real high as I live in a old subdivision and in those days the high curbs were used to prevent snow build up and water rising too close to the house and its foundation. In AZ they dont have this problem...here I do. This was a major concern for me and until the day I took delivery and when I drove up the driveway at 2 in the morning (different story) I was scared sh=*less. See the curbs are so high they cut out the width of the driveway making it sort of level with the street. I had an alternate place to store the car where there are no high curbs or bumps. Did not need it though and was estatic when I found out I could use the garage at my house. When entering any driveway to a home or business goat agood angle and never straight on as it may scrape the bottom of the front bumper....has not happened to me but it could happen.Oh the rear of the car is a non issue for any one as it it is the highest point of the whole kit. The body panels and the way they are applied and fit was spot on. No issues of what so ever. Email jbailer from this website and he can give you his experiences as well. I should say that I use the car for show and would never use it as a daily driver. I have to plan on where I am going in the car to make sure there will be no issues with scrapping any of the body panels. I know most of lower MI and have lived here all my life so it really is just me being very **** about where I take the car. I do intend on taking it to the track and it is not a trailer queen. I have many mods to do first starting in the spring. I don't think anyone will have clearances issues in their state if you are just cautious. Tassy5 get the kit and apply it and you will not be disappointed...if I can get around anywhere than you can too! Hope this long winded post helps you guys join the Cervinis family! Here are a couple of pics and check the gallery. Take care email me with any other questions and I will answer ASAP. Jason

[IMG]local://upfiles/54958/FE398B276BA24AFBB8D3D27C0254B689.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/54958/B1781C6F5EC84DF487A111A18AC80FCB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/54958/9A8982F204644630A5BA81DC883870E0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2007, 11:24 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I agree with dennysmustang about the amt of time to clean the parts of the oils or the mold release. I put extra primer on mine ( I think 4 mils thick) so the paint would adhere well. The parts of the kit turned out better than the factory paint IMO. Mine is black so it will show everyhting (flaws) but when polished right and waxed it is amazing.
ORIGINAL: dennysmustang

I am not done yet, but my buddy and I have begun the transition to the 'Eleanor' on his '05 and my '06. So far, we've been really impressed with the kit. At this point we have installed the side skirts, side exhaust, side scoops and quarter window covers. The pieces were really clean, the onlyissue was trying to remove all the oils off the pieces (assuming from the molds at cervini), which takes quite a bit of time. There's a little bit of clean up, if your meticulous about it, and then primer and paint. The pieces came out great. The skirts have screws and double stick tape, while the scoops and window cover are double stick tape only. I was worried about it, but after putting them on, I can see how they should be fine - seem permanent at this point. Just be sure to clean the areas good with some type of alcohol wipe, etc. I'll let you know soon enough when the Arizona heat hits 115 and the pieces stay on

The exhaust was amazing, thought we'd have to go to an exhaust shop, but the stock exhaust un-bolts in about 25 minutes and the cervini exhaust was up before the hour was over (two people working on it). No welding at all. The mounts for the exhaust line up to existing threaded holes in the car, almost like Ford and cervini worked it out ahead of time. The only negative so far is that the exhaust bolts directly to the car (rear bracket has bushing) and therefore some vibration is transferred. I installed some rubber bushings myself to help dampen the vibe noise, and it made all the difference. Next phase is to do the front clip and hood. I don't have measurements, (guessing about a 3" clearance of lowest point - exhaust, and maybe 4 inches for side pieces) but I can tell you that I've been waiting to lower my car to see where the kit ends up, and with the side skirts on, I'm leaning toward a very minimal drop (if any). I love the dropped look,but there's too many obstacles if you intend to drive the car. Currently, I have not lowered it and have had no issues with speed bumps, etc, and yet everyone who sees the car thinks it's been lowered,just by the appearance of the kit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/45594/CCE7379F24B942D99977C912C00002E9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-08-2007, 04:11 AM
Rosarios Stang

Wow. Addressing my concerns almost to a T. I live in Portland, Oregon... meaninga lot of hills and oversized speed bumps with poorly maintained roads. I am looking at putting a Cervinis kit on my 05' GT in the near future, my concerns are the clearance issues with a daily driver! Will I be ok on the speed bumps? Will there be issues at 35MPH when there is a dip in the road? A lower billet grill must look cool flyin down the road at 40MPH! Maybe it will stick to the STI that is behind me... I hate those cars, too fast and too ugly! Is it all good without lowering the car, in these circumstances? Thanks for the thoughts, signed: baffled newbie being brainwashed by STI owner.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:20 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hills should be no problem. If you don't drop the car I am sure you will have no problems with dips in the road...but exercise caution andknow the roads you drive, throw your hazards on, and slow down for the dips and bumps. IfI was turning into a steep incline to say enter a shopping plaza from a main road I would go at good angle to be sure that I am not approaching straight on (as you may scrape). Speed bumps are in parking lots and parking structures and go slowly over them and who cares if you are holding anyone up. Any car with a ground effects kit will be lower to the ground and there are special considerations to any of them. If you respect the fact that this is true you will have no problems. NowI use the car for show and pleasure driving. I cannot say for sure how it would be if used as a daily driver. If you plan to use in the winter and assuming you get snow say more than 3 or 4 inches than you will be using your car potentially as a snow plow and that is no good. I would not recommend this kit for driving in the snow....my 20's would never be able to get me out of the driveway much less getting anywhere in the subdivision after a snow of 3 or more inches. I have a second car for the winter so this is a non- issue for me. If you want anything else answered just PM me and I will do what I can to answer you comments, question, or concerns....oh and welcome to the forum and your extended mustang family! J