Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Need Info on GT Grille from Latemodel Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:13 PM
srstang

Default Need Info on GT Grille from Latemodel Restoration

One of the first mods I plan to make on the car is the GT grille upgrade. I've researched a lot of options (ebay, Street Scene, etc.) and have narrowed it down (I think) to 2 possibilities and leaning towards the LMR one:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...1&comp=LRS

My preferences include not cutting into the facia, using the existing installation points andthe design of an OEM type grille (molded vs. billet). This kit seems to have all of that but I can't find any info on this site or otherwise of an actual install and feedback.

The Street Scene GT grille would be my other choice - it's more custom but again I prefer the OEM style of LMR.

If anyone has installed the LMR kit can you provide your feedback? Thanks
Old 03-25-2007, 02:35 AM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need Info on GT Grille from Latemodel Restoration

The kit from Latemodel Restoration is a very good kit. It does require you to splice into the wiring loom coming out of the fuse box under your hood. This kit uses the Pony Package wiring, instructions, and switch. The color of the wire I needed to tap into was different than the one listed in the instructions. You will need to use a testing light to find the right one. You want the wire that will cut the power to the fogs when the brights are on. This will keep it DOT leagal. I also had to relocate my horn in order to make room for the passenger side fog. The fogs are a bit more centered than the standard grill, pic shown here. If the picture does not show up on the post, you can go to my little web site to see it. http://www.kingrat.zoomshare.com/1.shtml/My%20Car

Good Luck!

Mark
Old 03-25-2007, 04:15 AM
srstang

Mark: Thanks for the info. One of the reasons I was considering this kit was because the picture on their site showed the fogs located farther apart like the OEM GT while it was a V6 fit. I prefer the GT look and after searching for all available options the only 2 that offer that look is the Street Scene billet grille or the OEM GT with the mods required to get it in the V6 bumper. I'm leaning towards the OEM grille and will make the mods.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:26 AM
pkeough
1st Gear Member

It doesnt take any modifications to the fascia to fit the gt grill in. youll just have to cut the tabs on the bottom of the the grill then just some muscling in there will do the job.