Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

CS6 Parts Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:54 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CS6 Parts Ordered

Oh, 2 things:

1. Where do you mount the front license plate?
2. I want to know where the hood pins mount. I'm really liking the Shelby ones.

Thanks
SOHC
Old 04-10-2007, 11:54 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I can't wait to fit the parts and have them painted. I want to try to fit the parts this weekend. Hopefully the hood arrives tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

SOHC, I really don't have an answer to the first question, but I will need to come up with a theory since I live in Ohio. The hood pins mount underneath the radiator cover. You can either modify your existing one or buy the pre-modded one for $160. I am attempting to modify the original cover first and if that doesn't work then I'll just get the pre-modded one.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Don't forget you have to shave the lower part of the foam behind the bumper for the front fascia to fit properly (see image). The lower grills have just begun to arrive at Hillbank. He has toship a bunch of back orders before he can get to yours.

The hood pins fit to the radiator cover in a difficult to describe manner. Notice the slots in the radiator cover in the picture below. The L-shaped pieces stick out of those holes. My builder had to make longer custom pins out of stainless steel rods since the supplied pins just barely reached the CS6 hood when screwed in. They may have since corrected the problem, I don't know.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

I think I am going to have a body shop install the front bumper. I am going to probably trim for the hood pins this weekend.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Make sure you mention trimming the bumper foamto the body shop otherwise they may just do a quick install job (not knowing any better) and attempt to make it fit (or claim they can't) which will make fora poor job.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I already thought about that. I was going to print out the post from the other CS6 Forum and give it to him. My father is really good friends with the guy that will be doing all of the work. He's really the only body shop I trust and that's why I'm having it install it so that I don't have to trim it myself. Should I just have him paint it and install it myself?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:23 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Paleoc

The hood pins fit to the radiator cover in a difficult to describe manner. Notice the slots in the radiator cover in the picture below. The L-shaped pieces stick out of those holes. My builder had to make longer custom pins out of stainless steel rods since the supplied pins just barely reached the CS6 hood when screwed in. They may have since corrected the problem, I don't know.

Cool. Thanks for the info

I can't get over how awesome your car looks!

Your ride is #1 in my book.

SOHC
Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Hopefully, when mine gets done, it will be in your top 10 too lol. I can't wait to get the parts painted and installed!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

Hopefully, when mine gets done, it will be in your top 10 too lol. I can't wait to get the parts painted and installed!!!
I'll save a spot at #2 for ya!

Your ride will look cooler than mine in no time!

I'm still waiting on my f'n duals from Pypes. They took my $ on 3/22 and I haven't even got a shipping confirmation (only email I got back 3 weeks ago said the X pipe was backordered.) Should have shipped two weeks ago!

Not to happy about Pypes choice of authorized vendors.

SOHC

Quick Reply: CS6 Parts Ordered