Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Neon Quit Working :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Neon Quit Working :(

The car goes in for paint on June 2nd. I'll try to get pics up after it's painted. This weekend I am going to see if I can get the neons working again. I need a shot for my website anyways. I picked up a new relay today and am going to try it and see if that gets the non-broken neons working.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Somachine
1st Gear Member

You got anything special planned for the paint? It'd probably be the best time to consider if you wanted a hood stripe, or steeda/mach 1 style blackout. If you're sticking strictly to the CS6 idea, you probably can't do a different hood paint style though, right?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:28 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

I'm sticking with the Sonic Blue paint. I've considered changing the paint color, but I love Sonic Blue and the Shelby CS6 Silver Decals will match up with that the best. I am having the Mustang side rocker decals removed. I didn't get the CS6 Decal set yet as there is a process you must go through inorder to get them and they cost $750.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Somachine
1st Gear Member

Sounds good, but I wonder if a vinyl guy could get the dimensions and copy the CS6 decals for you, probably lowering the cost considerably. But, for instant quality and no headaches, yeah, you'd probably be better off if you ordered from shelby.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:12 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm not taking the cheap way out at all. In fact if I decide to go with gears I will buy the Shelby 8.8" Rear End and then have gears put in it. I want everything to be authentic with just some addons.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:02 AM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

How much does it cost for the underglow kit and that wireless remote thing ...installed professionally?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:38 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure on the professional installation as I have easy access to a lift so I did the install myself. I used all Streetglow products. The undercar neons I got on sale for $99.99, but you can usually get them at Advanced Auto for 129.99. The 4 Channel Wireless I use can also be purchased at Advanced Auto Parts or Pepboys. It should be around $35. Keep in mind that I have a master switch setup for the wireless as no-one has been able to master it...sometimes Keyless Entry can turn it on. This hasn't happened to me but I rather be safe than sorry. You will also need a relay which costs about $5.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Well since I have today off I have time to do actually do some things. Last night I hooked up the new relay and a little bit ago I tapped in a new fuse holder.I tested it and the neons came on with the wireless. Yay! I'm heading back out now to see if I can get that "broken" neon to work and if not I'll have to get a hold of Streetglow and see if they can give me a deal on a replacement.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Somachine
1st Gear Member

Postsome pics tonight![sm=signs003.gif]
Old 05-24-2007, 12:30 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

My camera is horrible at night shots...but here's a few pics to prove I got it to work [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: Neon Quit Working :(