Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

STRIPES! - Help me decide which ones

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

Default STRIPES! - Help me decide which ones

My stripes were not put on right and had not-so-exacto cuts, so the dealer is going to pay for wherever i have it done. There is a place out here called Tim's Trim that I heard is really good, but the only diecut kit he can get is the solid stripe with outer quarter inch strips. Anything else, he will have to cut with the computer/machine.

I am thinking to stick with the roush look, but I want some feedback here, and some pictures if you have PLEASE.
I don't know if I should go down the front and rear bumpers as well. I have heard of problems with chipping, but perhaps it is worth it as i can replace the bumper peice later.
Tim's Trim told me not to use the 3M clearcoat cause it messes up the stripe and shows your fingerprints.

Please advise, or use this like a poll. Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/71878/A5A3CA5313D94DD29B586C0974814C75.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 AM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: STRIPES! - Help me decide which ones

Alright, so taking a look at this pic, you can see the hood is not striped. Should I get this kit, and then swap the scoop out for a white one, and then use a red center stripe down the scoop?

[IMG]local://upfiles/71878/9646D404EA35410C9641EF62F2E92D67.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

My opinion is you should stripe it all the way down from bumper to bumper.... WITHOUT a stripe on the scoop.
Scoop stripes are not very attractive but the all the way down bumper stripe looks great and gives it a unique look from the factory stripes that come on some stangs. Gives it more of a muscle look .
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 AM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

That is true. Do you feel that way even compared to the Roush look? The two scripes that fit within the scoop? That is what I have now. I guess not going over the scoop would leave me the option for a shaker if i wanted.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I'm so glad that you've 'won' the fight with the dealer and they will pay for a professional to do the job! As far as what kind of stripes, well personally I have a front bumper to back of trunk lid wrap that doesnt go over the hood scoop. The stripes were done by Roush and I thought it was kinda weird that they didn't go over the scoop once I noticed all the 06 - 07 Roush stangs had the stripe over the scoop, mine is an 05. But I've gotten used to it and I like the look now, not so busy and more classy. I can tell you that hood scoops rubbing on the stripes on the hood beneath them are a big problem, and I'd ask the installer what they are going to do to prevent that happening. Also, if you do want your scoop striped, consider that a red stripe on a white scoop will look different upon close examination than white stripes on a red scoop. First of all theres the color matching, plus you can really see the edges of these vinyl stripes (they also collect wax, etc pretty badly, FYI). I don't know if you want to show your car or just really like the way it looks on the road. If you want these stripes to always be perfect you can also get a vinyl front/hood bra that could be removed for car shows, etc and the stripes underneath will never chip. I hadn't heard that bad news about the clear 3m stuff, it would be interesting to get a poll of people who actually use it. Anyways, no matter what look you go with, it will be one hot stang when you're done!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:17 PM
yzfmik
2nd Gear Member

Bumper to bumper looks best in my opinion.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

NICE CAR! ok, so that is sweet, and I will do the wide stripes, but should I have the red scoop plain, or should I have the stripes on the top too, with 281 on the side?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2007, 08:04 AM
yzfmik
2nd Gear Member

I like the stripes on the scoop, but I don't care for side stripes but thats my opinion.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

What about the vinyls shrinking, peeling, chipping, and not laying down right when over a lot of geometry?
Please post what your experiences are.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 AM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

Alright guys! whoever is in Rochester NY, buy your next car from Vision Ford!
They are going to paint on stripes the way I want for $600 - $900! Done at their body shop, and obviously warrantied by them :-)

Vision really took that extra step that makes a dealer a good dealer.

Quick Reply: STRIPES! - Help me decide which ones