Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

need instruction s for D airdam

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:48 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Default need instruction s for D airdam

Help just went to install my 3dcarbon airdam and the dam thing only had the first page of the install the second part was missing. I do how ever have the complete instructions for the side skirts, and rear lip... which i did not purchase the only thing i got was the airdam and that was the only instructions incomplete. Where do all the self taping screws go?

thanks for the help
Old 07-30-2007, 11:16 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Default RE: need instruction s for D airdam

This is whatI found...

"The Air dam is attached with screws in the wheel wells and OE approved 3M Double face tape around the perimeter."

Where did you buy yours? I really want this mod.

Anything else PM Pantera72... he has this.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Default RE: need instruction s for D airdam

ORIGINAL: scheetz83

Help just went to install my 3dcarbon airdam and the dam thing only had the first page of the install the second part was missing. I do how ever have the complete instructions for the side skirts, and rear lip... which i did not purchase the only thing i got was the airdam and that was the only instructions incomplete. Where do all the self taping screws go?

thanks for the help
Ummm yeah, I had the same incomplete instructions as you lol. First thing you do is take the small stock tiny little airdam off.

I used the self tapping screws on the ends, where it wraps inside the wheelwell. Try to prop the other end up or have a friend hold it so when you do screw the first end in, that the other side hanging down doesn't put the end you are working with at a tilted angle when you screw it in. The end goes over the existing screws that hold the wheel liner in, so tap the screws right over it.

After you do that use the too metal braces and screw them into the holes where the factory piece of crap airdam screwed in, towards the center of the car. Just use the too center most screw holes IIRC.

The very top of the airdam gets the two-sided tape, so remember to install the tape before you start anything. Unfortunately I didn't have directions either and kinda missed this step. I did the other two steps first. [:@] So, I wasn't about to take the damn thing off again and install the tape, so I took my license plate off and drilled two holes behind the plate where I could screw the airdamn in from the top. One day i'll take the damn thing off, fill the holes in, and repaint it now that I know how to correctly install it.

If you are going black like mine, I would advise a few coats of clearcoat.