Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Anyone love underhood chrome?

Old 08-11-2007, 01:10 AM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone love underhood chrome?

I am getting ready to installa KB Supercharger (polished) and was wondering if anyone who has one has also done chrome valve covers. Any pics? Does it match well? What else did you do to dress up the engine? Thanks guys
Old 08-11-2007, 01:19 AM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone love underhood chrome?

Or would a better look be the polished KB with painted valve covers to match exterior color?? If it matters I am also thinking of adding red silicone coolant system hoses as well as redignition wires, and stainless fuel lines.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:18 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Get the chrome valve covers...I will post pics in the next one/ two weeks as I am getting a polished whipple and the chrome covers installed very soon. Great combo IMHO.. take care J
Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Hardcore Mustangs polishes or powdercoats valve covers. Here's a pic of the polished ones.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:46 PM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Wow, those look great. Thanks for the pic. Mind me asking what the powder coating costs......a new set of chrome valve covers run about 350.00. I still can't decide though. I know the polished KB would be sweet, but what about saving some $$ by going with a black KB.....then using the saved cash for chrome valve covers, red hoses all over, and polished caps and radiator cover to finish it off. Any thoughts or opinions will be much appreciated....i am totally driving myself nuts trying to decide. What else do you guys to really dress up the underhood. I would love some more ideas.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:55 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

See this post about the valve covers:
https://mustangforums.com/m_3667990/tm.htm

PM the Hardcore Mustangs guy. It says $125 shipped but you have to send yours back to him for him to keep. Price seems really low to me...excellent deal.

Honestly I don't care much for dressing up under the hood. I used to, and I would paint my engines and do all the polished parts, etc....but now I think of a motor as just the power plant, not something pretty. Pretty stuff goes on the outside where everyone can see it.

However, if I was doing a show car or something, I think everything across the top being polished would look cool (blower, and valve covers...maybe those braided hoses too instead of red like you said)

In my case, my car is a dark color so red valve covers would stand out and look good....but if your car is already red, I don't think it would look all that good. I would go all polished if I were you.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:20 PM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

I see your point. I think polished is the way to go, just a cleaner look. Where can I find the braided hoses, all I've seen are the colored ones. Thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 08:25 PM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Oh and thanks for the link as well. I already emailed hardcore mustangs, hope he's got a set left!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DreamMachine

I see your point. I think polished is the way to go, just a cleaner look. Where can I find the braided hoses, all I've seen are the colored ones. Thanks
You can buy real braided hoses but I just meant the covers. Go here: http://www.suprasport.com/Stainless-...6-reviews.html

Old 08-13-2007, 10:01 AM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Those look nice. Is 1 kit enough to do all the hoses underhood?? I was looking at www.coolflex.com. I have seen alot of threads on them. They are actually chrome replacement hoses. I wondering if it would be worth the $$ to do the real hose intstead of the sleeves. What do you think? Also at what point is there too much chrome under a hood........polished supercharger, polished cam covers, AND chrome hoses.....because they also come in red....that might look good too and be enough to break up the "all chrome look". What would you guys do?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone love underhood chrome?