Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Another caliper question!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:54 PM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Default Another caliper question!

OK, I know this has been covered more times than I can count but I really want to paint my calipers, so I need some advice. I have an 06 torch red with a cervinis elenor kit, with 20" chrome razors. Is red caliper paint my ONLY option. I know the standard is to either match the exterior or go with red.....but I am afraid it will be red overkill if I do it. From the pics I can find they look good, but I can't seem to picture on mine. So my question is, are there any other possiblities on a torch red...besides red. I will be doing the mustang letters and running pony decals also. So if I do go red on the calipers.....do I need white or black decals. Would black calipers with red decals work?? Thanks again guys, opinions appreciated!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 AM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Another caliper question!

surely someone can help me out here. come on guys
Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I always say red. I really don't like any other color calipers.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

I really havent seen any other color I have liked either, I love the red on black look though, very nice. Anyone else??
Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
DocVenture
1st Gear Member

Stick a pic up in the Chop Shop section. Maybe someone can paste them on for you.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

You could try black and they kinda go away but still have a slight custom look.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:08 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DreamMachine
OK, I know this has been covered more times than I can count but I really want to paint my calipers, so I need some advice. I have an 06 torch red with a cervinis elenor kit, with 20" chrome razors. Is red caliper paint my ONLY option. I know the standard is to either match the exterior or go with red.....but I am afraid it will be red overkill if I do it. From the pics I can find they look good, but I can't seem to picture on mine. So my question is, are there any other possiblities on a torch red...besides red. I will be doing the mustang letters and running pony decals also. So if I do go red on the calipers.....do I need white or black decals. Would black calipers with red decals work?? Thanks again guys, opinions appreciated!

Hi dream,

Paint them black using G2 paint to hide them. Your stock 12"brakes must look really funnywith 20's and that body kit. If looks are important and slightly beterbrake performance look into Baer's Eradispeed 2 Plus 14" rotors front and rear. You should be able to buyboth the front and rear for $1200-$1400. Good luck with the painting and make sure you clean your calipers and brush them hard with a stiff bursh and brake cleaner spay before you paint them.

HTH!
Old 08-14-2007, 06:53 AM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the advice. I actually just ordered new slotted/cross drilled rotors earlier this week. I suppose the worst that could happen would be I would paint them and not like the look, I could always change the color...right??
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I think black calipers will break up the chrome and silver with the rotors. This way it draws attention to the rotors or rims and not the calipers. You also get a custom look as well by painting the calipers.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 AM
DreamMachine
1st Gear Member

Would the red decals be a nice touch, or a waste of time because of the black being so dark??

Quick Reply: Another caliper question!