Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

how do you keep your baby clean

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
kirax105strike
2nd Gear Member

Default how do you keep your baby clean

bump
Old 10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: how do you keep your baby clean

I wash it pretty much every week or 2. I use the nxt meguiars soap. then nxt tech protectant on the black parts, and I have wax that I use that I can never remember the name of...its not a well known name, but i got it at a detailing place and it was fairly expensive but its the best wax I've ever used
Old 10-03-2007, 02:02 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I bought my car back in Dec.....I have yet to wash it. I keep it so clean it doesn't need it. It also helps that I do not drive the car in the rain. Since my double garage is loaded, I have to keep it parked outside with a car cover. When I drive the car I always wipe it down with either a Microfiber cloth and Meguiar's Detailing spray or a Calif. duster.
On the weekends I usually detail the car good or give it a good wax job using Meguiar's products. I have used NXT as well as Gold Class. I just bought Meguiar's Show Car Glaze #7 and High Tech Yellow #26. I want to get the Sealant #27 but I can't find it locally.
As far as the rims, I use a Microfiber towel andMeguiar's Detail spray.For thetires I use 303 Protectant. It doesn't attract dirt like all the other tire dressings.

Here's a shot of the hood.....when I took this I haven't applied the #7 or #26 Products yet;

Old 10-03-2007, 02:35 PM
JimC

Once a month it goes to the detail shop at the office fora hand wash and interior clean up. The other weeks I take it to the spray wash with my bucket and spray it down, then hand wash it (with my own sponges etc) and spray it off using the high pressure spray which has an underbody spray coming up as it goes in and a blow dry as I exit. I also wash under the hood once a month using the spray - and then hand wipe under the hood with spray wax at home.

Every 3 - 4 months I have the detail shop put a good coat of wax and polish on it. In between I put some wax or the Turtle Wax Ice on at home every couple of weeks.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:07 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

I bought my car back in Dec.....I have yet to wash it. I keep it so clean it doesn't need it. It also helps that I do not drive the car in the rain. Since my double garage is loaded, I have to keep it parked outside with a car cover. When I drive the car I always wipe it down with either a Microfiber cloth and Meguiar's Detailing spray or a Calif. duster.
On the weekends I usually detail the car good or give it a good wax job using Meguiar's products. I have used NXT as well as Gold Class. I just bought Meguiar's Show Car Glaze #7 and High Tech Yellow #26. I want to get the Sealant #27 but I can't find it locally.
As far as the rims, I use a Microfiber towel andMeguiar's Detail spray.For thetires I use 303 Protectant. It doesn't attract dirt like all the other tire dressings.

Here's a shot of the hood.....when I took this I haven't applied the #7 or #26 Products yet;
That looks amazing Sandy... My paint doesn't look as smooth as that!

I can't keep mine clean. Living in the country with dirt roads and driving 190 miles a day, clean is not in my car's vocabulary. I keep bottled water in my trunk to clean up the flanks at work before I ride home.

Except, I have noted, that on days where a "Mustang Cruise" is taking place, the car remains CLEAN THE ENTIRE DAY!!! Even if it is a 500 mile cruise!

Weird.

She just likes to be looking good for her closeups I guess!

SOHC
Old 10-13-2007, 03:10 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

Hand wash every weekend... can't stand driving a dirty car [sm=smiley29.gif]
Old 10-13-2007, 03:40 AM
07Thorobrd
1st Gear Member

iwash my car at least once a week. i usually take it to the car wash and get all the loose dirt off of it then i will go home and hand wash it. i just wish i could find something for the tires that made hem look wet w/o splattering on the car

[/align]
Old 10-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Razorbackfan
2nd Gear Member

I wash mine every weekend using McGuire's products. During the week I use a California Duster, and McGuire's Speed Detail. My neighbors think I'm crazy but their filthy cars really bother me and I refuse to drive a dirty car. Anyway it's a MUSTANG and it shall be kept clean!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

ORIGINAL: 07Thorobrd

iwash my car at least once a week. i usually take it to the car wash and get all the loose dirt off of it then i will go home and hand wash it. i just wish i could find something for the tires that made hem look wet w/o splattering on the car

[/align]
+1
Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07Thorobrd

[/align]
I'm the same way.....I hate driving a dirty car.

Quick Reply: how do you keep your baby clean