Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Rear window scoops

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rear window scoops

I love my Roush louvers.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:16 AM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

Yeah, I was looking into that.

Does this look legitimate?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...0161031561QQrd
this company is legit, i bought my roush facsia from them. shipping took a little bit of time for me, but overall i was happy with the quality job.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 AM
alex0o85
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06roushv6

ok, a couple things....

-they are held on the window with 3 metal mounting brackets (the brackets are held on with 3M tape), if you want to take the louver off for cleaning, just unscrew 3 hex bolts, it's really easy.

-if you decide to buy the roush louvers, look for a site that is selling the painted louvers, unless you know a good painter that won't charge too much. i bought mine directly from roush and its a perfect match for not just the color but factory durability/qaulity

hope this helps you.... ....can't wait to see some pics of your decision!
So does that mean that in theory, any jerk could unscrew and remove those louvers, leaving the owner with a nasty surprise?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alex0o85

ok, a couple things....

-they are held on the window with 3 metal mounting brackets (the brackets are held on with 3M tape), if you want to take the louver off for cleaning, just unscrew 3 hex bolts, it's really easy.

-if you decide to buy the roush louvers, look for a site that is selling the painted louvers, unless you know a good painter that won't charge too much. i bought mine directly from roush and its a perfect match for not just the color but factory durability/qaulity

hope this helps you.... ....can't wait to see some pics of your decision!
So does that mean that in theory, any jerk could unscrew and remove those louvers, leaving the owner with a nasty surprise?
If you don't have wheel locks any jerk can throw your car on a jack and leave you with an even nastier suprise.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

in theory?? are you serious?? ok, in theory ANYTHING can happen, someone could unscrew and steal the louvers....OR WORSE! take your wheels, KEY YOUR CAR, bash your windshied with a bat, rip off the side skirts, break window and get inside car and steal cd player yada yada, or steal your gas with a garden hose (happened to my buddy), or even drop a big A$$ nuclear bomb on it!!!!!! haha

so YES, some "jerk" could unscrew the louvers but that would be cheaper to fix then some of the "theoretical possibilities" listed above.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:20 PM
alex0o85
2nd Gear Member

in theory?? are you serious?? ok, in theory ANYTHING can happen, someone could unscrew and steal the louvers....OR WORSE! take your wheels, KEY YOUR CAR, bash your windshied with a bat, rip off the side skirts, break window and get inside car and steal cd player yada yada, or steal your gas with a garden hose (happened to my buddy), or even drop a big A$$ nuclear bomb on it!!!!!! haha

so YES, some "jerk" could unscrew the louvers but that would be cheaper to fix then some of the "theoretical possibilities" listed above.
I know, i know. I guess i should've clarified what i meant. I just meant that this could be one mod that anyone could remove without triggering your alarm, if you have one. I was just thinking back last year when i had to park my car in a parking garage over night once. I saw a couple other cars covered so I put my cover on mine too. Next morning my cover was half off. Some jerks obviously wanted me to know they looked at my car, and my alarm didn't go off. It's these kind of little annoyances that some losers out their live for.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:28 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

thank you so very much for the laugh of my day!!!! [sm=happybounce.gif]
Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 PM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

just givin' you a hard time there alex.... ...and trying to score some cheap laughs, but your parking gargae incodent is all too common. it's really ashame, i have been very fortunate so far, but i fear that with every mod i add, it's one more reason to attract bad people. but on the other hand, i don't try to live in fear, cuz if you do...THEY HAVE WON!!! haha, funny story though, one night at work we got off @2am and walked to our cars and my co-worker parker his 93 honda civic next to me, and someone broke his window and stole his cd player....WHEW, talk about cheatin' death!!! that was too close to being MY car. anyways, ehough of my pointless ramblings.....

.......soooooooo kngdaka, did you order the roush louvers, or are you still holding off for more info OR $$$? haha
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
alex0o85
2nd Gear Member

funny thing is, i think I'm still gonna get the roush louvers anyway. i wanted ones I can see through, but I also want to keep the glass clean. I'm a neat freak. I hate seein fingerprints on my trunk and doors.... oh well.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

.......soooooooo kngdaka, did you order the roush louvers, or are you still holding off for more info OR $$$? haha
Ordered them, but I won't be getting them on the car till after Christmas! Gives me something to look forward to now that I have the car.

Quick Reply: Rear window scoops