Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Suggestions for Rear Aftermarket Bumper ASAP due to misfortunate event!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:28 PM
skaterbasist

Default Suggestions for Rear Aftermarket Bumper ASAP due to misfortunate event!

I understand that searching is the best option. But, I am requesting that you good folks give me quick suggestions for every possible Rear Aftermarket bumper for a 2007 Mustang GT.

As you can see below, my brother's parked car was hit by a motorist; the damage is pretty severe. Some good people were able to take down the license plate of the driver who LEFT the scene. That driver is going to get it big once the police trace him/her down.

Please, out of good will, give me & my brother as many suggestions possible for a replacement of his rear bumper; we wan't to go aftermarket since going back to stock is pretty useless.As you can see, the rear bumper is the least of our worries. The car took alot more damage. We really don't have much time for patiently searching around for rear bumpers since, obviously, there are bigger priorities at the moment. Thank you all for your help!

Before:

After:

Old 10-20-2007, 07:35 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Default RE: Suggestions for Rear Aftermarket Bumper ASAP due to misfortunate event!

get a california special rear bumper. costs the same as the GT. I believe its also the same bumper thats on the shelby
Old 10-20-2007, 09:17 PM
navyscott
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Suggestions for Rear Aftermarket Bumper ASAP due to misfortunate event!

I could be wrong, but I believe that is a totalled car. The rear subframe has gotta be toast. But yeah, a California Special rear cover would be a good way to go, probably price out a nice rear suspension setup too, heck, anything custom behind the doors.
Hate to see a nice car like that, especially a 'stang. 10:1 it was a drunk that did that.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:25 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: navyscott

I could be wrong, but I believe that is a totalled car. The rear subframe has gotta be toast. But yeah, a California Special rear cover would be a good way to go, probably price out a nice rear suspension setup too, heck, anything custom behind the doors.
Hate to see a nice car like that, especially a 'stang. 10:1 it was a drunk that did that.
Get it totalled. That car will never be right again.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:13 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

http://www.haneymotorsport.com/salee...cs/Saleen5.jpg
that one is kinda different
Old 10-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

mine just got in a wreck a couple of weeks ago and i was going to get a California Special rear bumper. every body on here said it costs the same as stock, but i called 4 different dealers across the state and every one of them told me that it cost $318 more than stock. i wanted to cry when i saw my car... now i'm just thankful it doesn't look like that! i feel really bad for your bro. best of luck, but that looks totalled to me...
Old 10-21-2007, 05:35 PM
skaterbasist

Thank you all for your replies. The California Special does sound like a good option. As far as totaling it, well, its not really an option. Believe it or not, my brother did not have insurance at the moment of the accident. But the good news is that its only a matter of time before the person responsible for the hit-&-run gets caught; everything will fall on him/her.We're hoping its not totaled; it looks a bit worse in the pictures, but the rear sub frame didn't take it that much since the car was an SUV (higher impact than a car).

Once again, thank you all!

Old 10-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Good thing your bro wasn't in that car. It's nasty... No insurance though... Man that sucks even worse... But a CS is the only way to go, all other's just don't look right, unless you do a Cervini Side Exhaust, then just go back to stock.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Def. the Cal. Special
Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

if you're willing to pay the extra $350 for the CS bumper, that's the best way to go.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for Rear Aftermarket Bumper ASAP due to misfortunate event!