Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

anyone use this instead of GT take off bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

Default anyone use this instead of GT take off bumper?

http://tinyurl.com/33o9dl

sure its costs abit more, but IMO it looks more better than a stock bumper, im just wondering if without the rest of the body kit,if it looks out of place(however i do have GT sdie rocker panels that just showed up about an hour ago,and plan on getting a chin spolier)and also,since it appears to just be an add on to the current,would you make the exhaust cut outs to low..
Old 10-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Default RE: anyone use this instead of GT take off bumper?

I had that on my stang before and ended up taking it off. I wasn't crazy about the fitament of it, but maybe my body shop was just crap too. Besides the fitament problems, that rear fascia looks better on darker colored cars IMO. I have a performance white stang and the fins stood out way to much on the white, enough so that it looked sorta ricerish.

I would recommend getting the GT takeoff bumper for almost the same price. Either that or get the bumper I have my eyes on, the GT/CS bumper. Just remember, a full replacement bumper will be a better fit than an add-on fascia like you linked.

One more thing, the v6 bumper looks pretty good with cutouts. True, the body line on the rear bumper is higher, but its not really noticeable to anybody except me. I will replace my bumper with the GT/CS bumper down the road, but for now its ok and it does look pretty good.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

so you cut the sotck V6 bumper?....even with me having a job where i do carpentry type work ALOT, i still dont trust myself to cut the rear bumper on my barely week old stang, but yours based of that pic, looks like it was cut perfectly,as if it came stock like that. And about the GT/CS bumpers..i assumed the CS cars used the same one the GT's had, i'll have to look into that bumper,i may like it better

Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

so you cut the sotck V6 bumper?....even with me having a job where i do carpentry type work ALOT, i still dont trust myself to cut the rear bumper on my barely week old stang, but yours based of that pic, looks like it was cut perfectly,as if it came stock like that. And about the GT/CS bumpers..i assumed the CS cars used the same one the GT's had, i'll have to look into that bumper,i may like it better

No, I didn't cut my stock bumper. I don't trust myself that much. I paid a guy at a bodyshop to do it for me.

As for the CS, they have a unique bumper. Its just like the GT500 bumper, except the sides of it are painted body colored...

The GT/CS bumper looks like this...

Old 10-26-2007, 02:12 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

I have full bodykit now but I used to have it with just painted rockers... still looked alright [sm=smiley20.gif]

BEFORE - stock painted rockers...

Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Pix of a cutout bumper...very easy to do..
Here's mine...

Old 10-26-2007, 08:02 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

http://tinyurl.com/33o9dl

sure its costs abit more, but IMO it looks more better than a stock bumper, im just wondering if without the rest of the body kit,if it looks out of place(however i do have GT sdie rocker panels that just showed up about an hour ago,and plan on getting a chin spolier)and also,since it appears to just be an add on to the current,would you make the exhaust cut outs to low..
I like the look of the rear valence and I have seen them for less on Ebay. If I got one, I would have it painted flat black to match the side rocker panels.....but for now, my cut out bumper with duals are fine.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

ok..CS bumper it is, that pretty much exactly what im looking for exept i'd probably get the middle part across the bottom painted to match as well,so that the stripes i have put on can go all the way down...now its time to see how bad a dealerhip wants to to rape me on the price,considering if i order online the shipping will most likly be some ridiculous amount due to its size

lol $518 just for the CS bumper..not including paint and install....time to search online...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ok..CS bumper it is, that pretty much exactly what im looking for exept i'd probably get the middle part across the bottom painted to match as well,so that the stripes i have put on can go all the way down..
That black piece is what makes that rear bumper look unique.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

maybe so..but oh well, after calling around dealerships they want ridiculous amounts of money for that bumper+paint(cheapest was $435+paint)

i might just break down,save myself some money and have the stock one cut,it looks good in your pic,but i was just wanting to alittle more agressive looking,but not for the price Ford wants. when they did yours,i assume they just measured over from the left side the same amount as the right side?...so if one day down the road the bumper does get swapped,the cut outs would still line up with the pipes?

Quick Reply: anyone use this instead of GT take off bumper?