Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sound System

ps.. mark.. I like those rockers!

I'm getting the rockers as well as the GT front end tomorrow.

took me forever to find them.. They came from Diversified Marketing aka newtakeoff.com, but I bought em from Brenspeed.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the compliment. I like your car mods as well (color inclusive). If you want to see more pics of my car, go here: http://www.kingrat.zoomshare.com/1.shtml/My%20Car It shows the progression of mods of my car. No clue on the rattle, other than what I found. Dynamat is a sound deadening material that you can get from Crutchfield. You just peel and stick it. It is a little expensive, but it does wonders for noise in the "cockpit". With Dynamat, as with anything, stay with the name brand. You get what you pay for. When modding, you have to choose what to do first. I did things piece meal, and "recycled" some of the sound system (Head Unit, XM Reciever, and amp) from my last car.

Let me know what you find about the rattle.

Mark
Old 11-30-2007, 05:29 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

try posting this in the audio/visual section, you'll get way more response and ttocs and hiss will prolly chime in
Old 12-01-2007, 01:14 AM
eme_ms_87
1st Gear Member

well fred if your from L.A. i suggest if you want to save some money on your sound system go to downtown on 11th and central and you'll find a whole block full of audio stuff, namebrand: kenwood, pioneer, alpine etc. and at low prices (lower than circuit city and crutchfield)

p.s. i assume your from l.a. from your name and if you dont live LOS then the info is useless just trying to help.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:47 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eme_ms_87

well fred if your from L.A. i suggest if you want to save some money on your sound system go to downtown on 11th and central and you'll find a whole block full of audio stuff, namebrand: kenwood, pioneer, alpine etc. and at low prices (lower than circuit city and crutchfield)

p.s. i assume your from l.a. from your name and if you dont live LOS then the info is useless just trying to help.
Is it stolen property?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eme_ms_87

ha.. nah I on the East Coast (represent..)
Is that the place you recommended ghetto or something?
..I think Id be in a fine mess if I drove through the ghetto in my mustang..[&:]

thanks anyways though.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

The east coast is the place to be...just moved from Socal, and it was a happy day when I saw the Neveda border. You can save money by doing a search for what you want on the internet. Just be careful who you buy from.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

The best advice is to listen to different speakers. Once you find the sound you are looking for then you can define the budget you have. Most of my gear came from my previous car. Current setup is as follows:
Eclispe 5500AVN =HU
AudioControl EQS= EQ
Image Dynamics ID Max12V2.2=Sub
Memphis Belle=Amp
Memphis 8" sync= Mid Bass
Future Image Dynamics Chameleon Components = Mids& Highs, Memphis 2 channel amp for 8's
Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

Cam2904 - That is very good advice. I listened to serveral different types before settling on the ones I bought. Your setup is sweet. I wish I could hear it.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the compliment Linesma. I would be glad to let you hear it. You also gave good advice about the sound deading as well that is also one of the future things for my set up.

Quick Reply: Sound System