Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervini's Concept Hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 PM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Cervini's Concept Hood

I am really liking the Cervini's Concept Hood (Part #1176). It seems like a reasonable price and I hear good things about Cervini's quality. See the attachment for a picture.

Does anyone actually have pictures of this hood on their car? All I have seen are the pictures from the Cervini's website and one photograph in a recent Mustang magazine.

I also havea few questions, in case some one has the answers...

(1) The website says the windshield washer squirters are relocated and hidden under the hood. I am assuming they are still functional, but simply hidden at the base of the windshield?

(2)The websitealso saysthe hood bolts on utilizing OEM hood hinges, latch and hardware. Does this mean I don't have to use hood pins? I don't like the look of hood pins and I never take my car above 100 MPH. I would much rather not have to install them (in fact, I may not even want to get the hood if I have to).

(3) If I purchase the Concept Ram Air Kit along with this hood (Part #8029), is there any reason I can't use it with a C&L intake? Do I have to be concerned about water getting sucked into the vents, traveling along the ram air system onto my filter and then sucked into my engine? I drive the car in all weather conditions.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
armystrong
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cervini's Concept Hood

Good questions..i would like to know the answers to. I, myself was looking into this hood.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

+1
Old 11-19-2007, 09:04 PM
reeflover
2nd Gear Member

I called them about that hood and one other. You can re-use all factory hardware. You just have to re-locate the washer nozzels. I have only heard good things about their products. I would love to put the whole C500 package on my car just with another hood. What do you mean you don't drive above 100mph. You own a Mustang right? Ha Ha
Old 11-21-2007, 07:43 PM
woulduno

I to am wondering about the ram air bit and a CAI setup. I would think the CAI is normally protected for the most part from water, but with the ram air setup, I would think water is going to get in there if you are driving down the road and it is raining..

Scott
Old 11-21-2007, 09:55 PM
reeflover
2nd Gear Member

I was told you will not be able to use the cold air kit with the ram air induction. You will have to put the stock air box back on. But I could be mistaken. I would give them a call just to be sure.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:17 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

OK hope this helps!
1. Yes the windsheild washer squirters are relocated and do function as they should.
2. You do not ever have to use hood pins and I have been over 130+ MPH with my Cervinis hood (fiberglass) and yes you use the factory hardware to attach the hood to your ride.
3. I would contact Cervinis direct about that and post it on the forum for us as well becauseI have no idea if it leaks in water or can be used with a aftermarket CAI.
ORIGINAL: JGT

I am really liking the Cervini's Concept Hood (Part #1176). It seems like a reasonable price and I hear good things about Cervini's quality. See the attachment for a picture.

Does anyone actually have pictures of this hood on their car? All I have seen are the pictures from the Cervini's website and one photograph in a recent Mustang magazine.

I also havea few questions, in case some one has the answers...

(1) The website says the windshield washer squirters are relocated and hidden under the hood. I am assuming they are still functional, but simply hidden at the base of the windshield?

(2)The websitealso saysthe hood bolts on utilizing OEM hood hinges, latch and hardware. Does this mean I don't have to use hood pins? I don't like the look of hood pins and I never take my car above 100 MPH. I would much rather not have to install them (in fact, I may not even want to get the hood if I have to).

(3) If I purchase the Concept Ram Air Kit along with this hood (Part #8029), is there any reason I can't use it with a C&L intake? Do I have to be concerned about water getting sucked into the vents, traveling along the ram air system onto my filter and then sucked into my engine? I drive the car in all weather conditions.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 AM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

FYI
I emailed Cervinis for some info and got the following response:

(asked if there can be any problems with shaking hood, etc, without hood pins)
1) Our hoods are designed with steel re-enforcements in the hinge and latch area. We retain all the factory hardware and guarantee perfect fitment. If our hoods are installed correctly there is no chance you will have any problems that you listed.[/align][/align](asked how the ram air kit works and if you can use it with cold air intake)[/align]2) Our Ram-Air kit is inserted into the front of the factory air box, this is why it will not work with a cold air kit. Air from the scoops is funneled with duct work into the front of the factory air-box, this is how it works.[/align][/align](asked if there can be any problem with having open scoops in front of the engine)[/align]3) If you do not purchase the ram-air kit you engine has minimal exposure. More water would get into the engine bay from underneath the car then through our scoops. [/align][/align](asked if there can be any problems using the ram air kit in the rain)[/align]4)The ram-air kit is fine to use in heavy rain, the factory air box has a water drain on it already. We recommend that our customer increase the size of the drain and is detailed in our instructions.[/align]
Old 02-09-2008, 06:11 PM
GW6
1st Gear Member

I was searching the forum for this information and found this thread. Thanks to those that posted the answers. I appreciate it. Saves me some time.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:51 AM
MistiDarkNTan

there are some pictures of it installed on actual cars at Americanmuscle.com They have one on a black gt, I was looking at it as well. Let me see some pics if you get it!

Quick Reply: Cervini's Concept Hood