Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

PP Side Stripes. Ugly or Goodlooking?

Old 11-23-2007, 11:24 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: PP Side Stripes. Ugly or Goodlooking?

If you've got to have a stripe go with a solid one; the ones that say MUSTANG look goofy.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:05 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

If you go to Baltimore Street Mods (.com) you can order many different varietys of stripes and order them with cutom text. You should check you options there esp. since they run around $30
Old 11-23-2007, 10:34 PM
backinblack68

I have the black pony package w/ the white stripe, and I think it looks classic-just take a look at a 65 or 67 black stang with a white stripe!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

personally I loved mine until I started modding the car, once I started putting more and more stuff on my car it just seemed like they were holding it back. so I took 'em off. looks alot cleaner now! I think they look good until you get rid of those nasty textured side skirts
Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
backinblack68

!

[IMG]local://upfiles/83219/ED3C3060754B43A2B52FCEC0B3253457.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-24-2007, 03:02 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 157db

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

I think that the Pony Package stripe is much classier looking than the regular V6 stripe. It's much thinner and more subtle, and doesn't scream MUSTANG the way the basic side stripes do. I like mine, personally, since theycompliment my racing stripes. Personally I think certain colors look good with it, but not all. For example, I've seen some alloy Pony Packages with the white side stripe, and it doesn't look very good. Makes the car look kinda purpley for some reason. I think if I had a black 'Stang I'd remove them, though. I changed out my V6rockers to theGT rockers and to me the side stripe still looks great.
I also think that the Pony Package stripe is much classier looking than the regular V6 stripe.
The PP stripe is much better and a second thought must be given before ripping them off.
I dont have them and want them. Go figure. Just cant figure out what color stripes works
with the dark RedFire Metallic.
We want what we dont have and debate removing what we do have.
Well, the PP stripe only comes in black, white, and gold. I think silver would look great, but they don't make it. [8D]My second choice would probably be gold. Black is a bit harsh for redfire in most instances, IMO. And white is too much of a contrast.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:16 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: merdix9

I think they look good until you get rid of those nasty textured side skirts
It's funny how so many Mustang owners feel the V6 rocker panel is, nasty or ugly. I don't see it that way and apparently neither did Carroll Shelby. Look on a Shelby Mustang and you will see the "nasty, " ugly rocker panels.
I like them because I don't have to worry about rocks flying up chipping the sides or scratches. Because they are dark, it hides any dirt or water that may get on it.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:23 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

It's funny how so many Mustang owners feel the V6 rocker panel is, nasty or ugly. I don't see it that way and apparently neither did Carroll Shelby. Look on a Shelby Mustang and you will see the "nasty, " ugly rocker panels.
I like them because I don't have to worry about rocks flying up chipping the sides or scratches. Because they are dark, it hides any dirt or water that may get on it.
+10, i actually like my rocker panels, I feel they give it a good contrast anyway. Plus, mine are absolutely thrashed from dirt and rocks flying up against them, so based on those marks, i would never think to replace a painted plastic part with that durable black plastic that masks damage so well.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

+1 The black rocker panels, I like. I wouldn't change those even if I could have them painted for free. On a car color that goes well with black trim, I think they're perfect.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:24 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

+10, i actually like my rocker panels, I feel they give it a good contrast anyway. Plus, mine are absolutely thrashed from dirt and rocks flying up against them, so based on those marks, i would never think to replace that durable black plastic that masks damage so well with a painted plastic part...that can't be good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PP Side Stripes. Ugly or Goodlooking?