Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervini Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:59 AM
zukowner

Default Cervini Kit

Everyone has a question about Cervini kits so why should I not. I am looking to purchase my next stang, and I'm looking at the Cervini Kit. My questions are.
1. With the side exit exhaust near the door, how loud is the drone inside the vehicle, with windows up and music off? Is it to the point where on a long trip I am gonna want to rent a car, or is it not noticiable. Maybe compared to your normal rear exit rumble.
2. Is the ground clearance as bad as I have heard? Stockclearance with kit vs lowered clearance with the kit.

I also want to purchase a set of the wheels with the knock offs, but don't want the polished ones. does Cervini make the wheel satin and chrome? What about Black spokes with chrome? I think I have seen that version on the Ronaele mustang, but I'm unsure. Any help would be appreciated
Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cervini Kit

1. With the side exit exhaust near the door, how loud is the drone inside the vehicle, with windows up and music off? Is it to the point where on a long trip I am gonna want to rent a car, or is it not noticiable. Maybe compared to your normal rear exit rumble.

If you have the stock catted H pipe you will love it and it is not bad at all in the car. I first installed it with a ORH pipe and it was unbareable. stick with the catted H and you will love it even n the hwy it is smooth and you can listen to the radio ad talk fine with no drone.

2. Is the ground clearance as bad as I have heard? Stockclearance with kit vs lowered clearance with the kit.

There are more of a clearence issue with side exit exhaust but nothing entering a driveway on a 45* angle won't cure. as for speed bumps NO WAY you will make it. But it looks soo good I will just have to slow down and go over some roads a little more cautiously. You will love the look.

I also want to purchase a set of the wheels with the knock offs, but don't want the polished ones. does Cervini make the wheel satin and chrome? What about Black spokes with chrome? I think I have seen that version on the Ronaele mustang, but I'm unsure. Any help would be appreciated

Look online at many places and you will see the Cobra Rims with knock off that look identical to the Cervini's rims and a whole lot cheaper and just as good quality if not the same.

Hope this has helped you some..

NOTE:: Make sure you have the body parts prepped properly and panited properly or th paint will chip/flake off from what I have heard.
No problem with my parts as of yet bu all aren't on the car either to take the weather abuse..

TASSY5//Sean
Old 12-04-2007, 03:24 PM
zukowner

I appreciate the help. So you did end up installing the magnaflow mufflers that came with the kit, keeping the stock H, and it was not so bad?
Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

LOL.....so someone else cut the cats and put them back on eh???

It's not quiet with the side exhaust, but not unbearable......with the cats on. I lowered the rear 1.5" and left the front the same. Yes, speed bumps are a bitch and some driveways as well as sharp dips in the road. You just have to be careful.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 PM
allj
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okbfd

LOL.....so someone else cut the cats and put them back on eh???

It's not quiet with the side exhaust, but not unbearable......with the cats on. I lowered the rear 1.5" and left the front the same. Yes, speed bumps are a bitch and some driveways as well as sharp dips in the road. You just have to be careful.
+1 You just have to know where you are going and be careful. It is worth it IMO.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:42 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

1 quick question<<< Can I install a WHIPPLE HO. under the stock Hood???<<<<<
Old 12-10-2007, 08:36 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Pretty much what I would have said! and Sean PM sent!
ORIGINAL: TASSY5

If you have the stock catted H pipe you will love it and it is not bad at all in the car. I first installed it with a ORH pipe and it was unbareable. stick with the catted H and you will love it even n the hwy it is smooth and you can listen to the radio ad talk fine with no drone.

There are more of a clearence issue with side exit exhaust but nothing entering a driveway on a 45* angle won't cure. as for speed bumps NO WAY you will make it. But it looks soo good I will just have to slow down and go over some roads a little more cautiously. You will love the look.

Look online at many places and you will see the Cobra Rims with knock off that look identical to the Cervini's rims and a whole lot cheaper and just as good quality if not the same.

Hope this has helped you some..

NOTE:: Make sure you have the body parts prepped properly and panited properly or th paint will chip/flake off from what I have heard.
No problem with my parts as of yet bu all aren't on the car either to take the weather abuse..

TASSY5//Sean