Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

duckwing installation?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Turbo_stangGT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: duckwing installation?

actually Ilike the ways yours sits better then the GT...I am really not a fan of the rolled cuts in the rear looks funny imo..
Old 12-22-2007, 12:56 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Damn that 3 peice ducktail looks pretty good on white... Are those deep dish rims I see?

Also have you ever thought of the 3rd brake light delete? You have such a clean rear end (car lmao) that it'd fit pretty well I think.

BTW Sorry to drive this thread off topic :P
Old 12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Turbo_stangGT

actually Ilike the ways yours sits better then the GT...I am really not a fan of the rolled cuts in the rear looks funny imo..
Oh I agree, I do like the way my bumper looks from the back better than the GT bumpers. I just wish I could find a way to lower the sides, behind the tires, so that they go down and even out with the side rockers. I still have the SS rear fascia that I had on before and then decided I didnt like it. I've been thinking about taking it to a custom body shop and seeing if they could mold it onto the v6 bumper to bring the sides up, but deleting the actual rear part of the fascia so that I retain the same look from the rear that I have now.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:47 AM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

any pics from the side to get an idea of how it looks like right now and how high it is??

I think yours is the only white GT I have ever seen..looks slick!
Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thief_of_Hearts

any pics from the side to get an idea of how it looks like right now and how high it is??

I hate to disappoint ya, but my car isn't a GT...

Pics are below. I edited them so you could get an idea of how much higher the rear bumper line is. Its not as bad as it seems, because the only angle it is really noticeable from is a dead on side view, but it being my own ride I am way more critical than the average person would be.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

ORIGINAL: Thief_of_Hearts

I hate to disappoint ya, but my car isn't a GT...

Pics are below. I edited them so you could get an idea of how much higher the rear bumper line is. Its not as bad as it seems, because the only angle it is really noticeable from is a dead on side view, but it being my own ride I am way more critical than the average person would be.

lol I hover between the two boards (v6-v8) and forget that I am in the v6 section sometimes.

No shame in having a v6..I seen a few videos on them with superchargers and they are quick!

but yeah..that really does sit high,though it's not too terrible or anything.I wonder if they have a shop where they can mold on new sides?? though not sure if it would work or just bloat up the rear??