Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Want to get some stripes put on... need opinions w/ color

Old 12-19-2007, 01:43 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Default Want to get some stripes put on... need opinions w/ color

After reading and seeing "The Potato" 's post (lmao nice nick), I want to see about getting some stripes done to my ride, but as of yet I am stuck and need some opinions or pictures (OR BOTH) from anyone willing

I have a 2007 pony package stang which came with gold rocker stripes on the side. I was debating on going with gold stripes OR (what I was leaning towards) removing those, replacing them with SILVER and getting SILVER stripes. I've seen black/blue/red stripes, but they just aren't my colors of choice for my ride.

Anyone have any opinions or pictures w/ any of these color combos (silver/gold)?

I've seen also a v6 somewhere on here that had no stripes, very clean looking, had a whole body kit installed as well. That looked pretty nice as well. However, I like the variety of striping out there available for mustangs.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default RE: Want to get some stripes put on... need opinions w/ color

I personally dont think gold stripes would look good, but silver would look pretty sweet.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:15 AM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I think the gold stripes might look kind of dull. The gold letters look really nice on the white mustangs, but not gold stripes. Are you sure you want the stripes? I have a black mustang and I have considered getting white stripes, and I have seen red or blue cars with white stripes but I just can't think of a color combo that would look good over white.

MP

Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

LMAO It's still in debate for me at the moment. If I don't get stripes, i'll invest in getting a gt take off exhaust sys for my car instead or some window louvers that don't look too crazy.

I am still leaning towards silver if anything though.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:17 AM
SalManilla

I have a Vert with a Tan top and Tan Leather. Red exterior....Waddya think? Black Stripes? Tan Stripes?Its kin of an unusual compbination. Anyone have anything unsual stripe combos?

Sorry for the intrusion Xyster. I dont mean to steal your thread. BTW - What is the "Potato"?

Sal
Old 12-21-2007, 10:06 AM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

I agree, gold stripes wouldn't really look that nice. They wouldbe original,but not that nice looking. Have you thought about putting blue stripes on it? Silver would look "stealth" on awhiteMustangIMO which is pretty sweet.

Sal, my brother has black stripes on his red GT. They look pretty good. Not so sure about tan, red and white is another good combo personally.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Gold stripes only look good with black and red cars IMO.

I have plans to paint my chin spoiler body colored, get a gt/cs rear bumper, and then get an orange superstripe after the tax check comes. I prefer the in your face approach to striping, but in the beginning I was looking at something more refined as well. One color I have considered is like a flat white, sort of like the black on black stangs. White on white would definitely be original, but it would also be stealthy from a distance.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:08 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Bad thing about silver or gold vinyl is it has a tendency to loose it's luster much quicker. If you were to paint stripes on your car they would last a lot longer without the headache and maintenance like vinyl.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:35 PM
oi8achevy
2nd Gear Member

i would get them painted on whatever color u go with, paints alot easier to take care of. theres a guy with one in white with dark blue stripes here and it looks good but im not a fan of our cars in white. dare to be different and go green.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:32 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys... I think I am gonna go ahead and stick to just a clean white appearance. I don't think I want to have to deal with vinyl lmao. Gonna go put some money into other mods, but if I do change my mind later, oi8achevy, i'd probably go with paint instead (but probably not stripes if paint is the case).

I really like the clean look of Pantera's Mustang. Don't want to copy it, just like how chrome rims and louvers alone look. I think that is the direction I might go first. Maybe try and cleanup the side marker lights and the butt panel around the fake gas cap (or take that off and cover it completely except for the keyhole).

If I did get stripes... I saw some in black that copied the oldschool boss style. Not sure if they were those Foose stripes or what, but the ones running off the sides of the hood looked nice in my opinion. Different

Thanks for all the help guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want to get some stripes put on... need opinions w/ color