Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Gt bumper and flowmaster exhaust on V6

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

Default Gt bumper and flowmaster exhaust on V6

I have a V6 mustang. I want a "beefier" sounding exhaust. Don't get me wrong it sounds pretty darn good for a V6 but I'm thinking I want flowmasters on it. I need a GT bumper because I want dual exhaust, I know I've seen it before on a V6. How much do bumpers cost? anyone know? I've been online looking around. I know I don't want to keep the bumper I have now because then the pipes will be hanging under the bumper with dual exhaust and that would look
kinda dorky. any help would be appreciated, thx.
[sm=gears.gif]
Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Medicane84
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Gt bumper and flowmaster exhaust on V6

This is just about the cheapest i've ever found it:

www.newtakeoff.com

great site.

Enjoy
Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 AM
XtremeRage
1st Gear Member

Ninosport has factory painted rear gt takeoff bumpers, $159.99.

http://www.ninosport.com/Rear-Bumper...;category=1503
Old 01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

awesome! thanks for the links guys. when the time comes and I have some extra $ I plan on buying the GT bumper and getting me dual exhaust. [sm=happy046.gif]
Old 01-04-2008, 01:05 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

This is probably a dumb question but, I am just curious as to how easy the installation of these are?

I am not very car savy as you can tell.

And has anyone actually ordered from these websites?
Old 01-04-2008, 01:23 PM
XtremeRage
1st Gear Member

Yes, but I have only ordered from Ninosport, but I have also heard plenty of good things from Newtakeoff, you should be fine with either. As for the installation, IMO not to bad at all, just give yourself a few hours, some patience, and you're golden. I used Spartan IV's How-To for installing GT bumpers and did fine my first time. His how-to is located here. https://mustangforums.com/m_1121391/tm.htm
Old 01-04-2008, 01:53 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmsmith

This is probably a dumb question but, I am just curious as to how easy the installation of these are?

I am not very car savy as you can tell.

And has anyone actually ordered from these websites?
you're not the only one. I plan on having a family friend or a shop do my work seeing as though I live in a condo (can't do work there) and I'm female. so I got 2 problems. LOL! plus I have no tools... I'd do it myself if I had tools. but I plan on having a family friend help and I'll be the "little helper".
Old 01-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

v6mustangstuff.com

the guy is a sponser here and gives discounts to members, probably will end up costing less through him, i got mine from him, he usually gives free shipping to members here but he cant on something as big as a bumper, but when i talked to him on the phone, he knocked the shipping costs rom $140 to $100, so that helped

as for the install, i dont know, i have a few things that need paint/install, and even though the bumper is already matching, im having the shop put it on while they have the car, there is a sticky topic with a walk through for it though
Old 01-04-2008, 03:25 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

v6mustangstuff.com

the guy is a sponser here and gives discounts to members, probably will end up costing less through him, i got mine from him, he usually gives free shipping to members here but he cant on something as big as a bumper, but when i talked to him on the phone, he knocked the shipping costs rom $140 to $100, so that helped

as for the install, i dont know, i have a few things that need paint/install, and even though the bumper is already matching, im having the shop put it on while they have the car, there is a sticky topic with a walk through for it though
Thanks a lot, I'll check that link out. I saw the thread on here showing a detailed installation of the GT bumper but that's not my forte, so I shall have someone else do it for me.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
apbt426
1st Gear Member

hey bluest@ng.... you can also have your existing bumper cut for the other muffler...... several people on here have done this and have been satisfied with the results...actually looks stock........sounds kinda scary cutting the bumper and all ,,, but would be much cheaper than the GT takeoff bumper... i believe their is even a template somewhere on this site that you can provide a body shop with to make a nice clean cut in the exact spot needed for the 2nd muffler........ hope this helps.. just another option.

Quick Reply: Gt bumper and flowmaster exhaust on V6