MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section-122/)
-   -   Stripe costs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section/389637-stripe-costs.html)

Ratrodder85 01-04-2008 04:31 PM

Stripe costs

I'm ready to buy my lemans stripes from BSM, but I don't know where to get them put on. I really don't trust my self to do it. I know a guy who does pinstripes, but he said he won't do them, and the bodyshop where i work says they don't do them either. They said it would cost 1300 to paint them on, but that's out of my budget for right now.

What kinds of places have you got your stripes put on and how much did it cost? (paint or vinyl) If anybody knows a good place in central illinois let me know. Thanks!

BlackStang08 01-04-2008 04:49 PM

RE: Stripe costs

Hmm, im getting my stripes put on tomorrow for a killer deal, $350 (and thats for stripes and lobor!) Im also having it tinted for $200

Edit: 3M White Vinyl Stripes

Fallout 01-04-2008 06:41 PM

$200 for tint is pretty expensive..but i guess its not to bad since the stripes you are getting seem to be a low price

PennState 01-04-2008 07:17 PM

theirs a guy in nj that comes to your house and installs for 300..great deal.

Devil Wolf 01-04-2008 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Ratrodder85

I'm ready to buy my lemans stripes from BSM, but I don't know where to get them put on. I really don't trust my self to do it. I know a guy who does pinstripes, but he said he won't do them, and the bodyshop where i work says they don't do them either. They said it would cost 1300 to paint them on, but that's out of my budget for right now.

What kinds of places have you got your stripes put on and how much did it cost? (paint or vinyl) If anybody knows a good place in central illinois let me know. Thanks!

what town do you live in? im in the suburbs of chicago, and i can refer you to a place that will get it done for 400 (she cuts the stripes herself, so you wouldnt have to buy any) if youre close enough.

steveo555 01-04-2008 08:29 PM

im getting my stripes put on tomorrow for a killer deal, $350
where do you live? I was just quoted at $500 for stripes and install by Baltimore Street Mods since I am close enough to drive to the shop.

Fallout 01-04-2008 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: steveo555

im getting my stripes put on tomorrow for a killer deal, $350
where do you live? I was just quoted at $500 for stripes and install by Baltimore Street Mods since I am close enough to drive to the shop.

i planned on having BSM supply and install mine too since im in maryland as well, but i never contacted them for a price yet, im surprsied its so much.

Devil Wolf 01-04-2008 09:03 PM

nevermind, i cant read.

[&:]

BlackStang08 01-04-2008 09:40 PM

Naw thats actually a good deal for tinting 5 windows with the best 3M tint on the market.

To whoever asked, i live in Sacramento, CA. This guy is one of the people that BSM reccomends in my area.

ORIGINAL: Fallout

$200 for tint is pretty expensive..but i guess its not to bad since the stripes you are getting seem to be a low price

jdphillips73 01-04-2008 09:58 PM

when i ordered my car, i ordered black stripes. when it arrived at the dealership, they called for me to pick it up, when i looked at it, i said "wheres the strips" the salesman pointed at the pony package stripes..i said no way, im not taking this car...after the sales manager got involved, the dealership installed the stripes for free, parts and labor :)