Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Eleanor vs. GT 500 -- Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
reeflover
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Eleanor vs. GT 500 -- Your Opinion

Newbreed: That car is wicked looking! Nice choice of body mods!

[IMG]local://upfiles/75574/218ED6CC21F34F308205E9BAD541D0C2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2008, 06:02 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Personally being 33 yrs old I do not think the whole kit would be childish (I have the side exhaust and the upper side window louvers and have them purely for the looks and as a clone {tribute} to the "Eleanor mustang" from "Gone in 60 sec") and I do have the HP to back the look as you stated. I like the side exhaust and the HP loss on 20's and with the side exhaust was minimal and the sound is amazing IMHO....welcome to the forum! J

Pics in the gallery! (click on camera to the left below my username!)
Here is a teaser....LOL J

ORIGINAL: vaporGT

Hey guys,

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on whether I should get the Eleanor Kit for my 2008 vapor mustang GT or the GT 500 parts to do the conversion. I'm leaning more towards the Eleanor because even though the GT 500 is gorgeous, I think after installing the parts I'm going to feel like a fake. With the Eleanor I'll have a great looking car and still have the power to back it up. I dont think ill be getting the side scoops or the side exhaust because it becomes a little too childish and also... the mustang sound should not be wasted flowing out the sides hahah. But definitely the front bumper and any other parts to make it a smooth transition.

Anyway, please throw in your input and maybe any pics if you got.
thanks everyone.

Last edited by mygt500; 08-29-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:27 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

ok i just want to clarify that only parts i dont want are the higher hood scoops the ones busting out the top of the car. Im a huge mustang fan but no one can tell me that those scoops dont look childish and foolish when theyre doing ABSOLUTELY nothing aerodynamically nor performance wise. At least the lower scoops look stylish such as with cobras or machs. And as for suoperdave, the car wouldnt looked jacked up in the rear with sideskirts on. I just dont want the side exhaust so i might just get another side skirt set from cervinis.

oh and newbreedgt your car looks sick !!!

im hoping to get my car looking like yours just with a hardtop. same deal
Each to his own......at almost 50 I like being"childish" and having people take pics of my car with cell phones all the time.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

I think that the Eleanor kit is hideous. It makes the car look like a fatass and waaaay to bulky. I think that there is a balance between being a head turner because the car looks awesome and BA...and because its fugly. Just because its a head turner doesn't mean it looks good. Examples....a Lime green civic with Lambo doors and 22's turns heads, that guy who is turning himself into lizard turns heads. I think the Eleanor kit looks cheap and hotwheels like. I am much more of a clean look kind of guy. Just get the Shelby GT kit (with Hertz hood)and be done with it. I wish they never made Gone in 60 Seconds because of that god damn Eleanor. Although this is just my opinion.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I'm all for the clean look too...but come on man, Foose's Eleanor was a sweet car.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Well For the longest time I wanted to get the Full Cervinis C series kit, but changed my mind yesterday to do something a little more understated but here was my plan to change it up a little.

Anything Cervinis is C series-

Cervinis Front Bumper w/ grilles
Cervinis Hood
Cervinis C pillar scoops
Saleen Side Skirts
Street Scene Gen 1 spoiler
Roush Rear bumper w/ square tips

For wheels I wanted to get 20" Shelby CS 69's

I thought that would look sick and be a little different. Not a big fan of the side exhaust and it is really expensive. So that was my plan good luck with your decision.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
vaporGT

i guess ill have to think about it more before i do anything. i want to work up my engine anyway before i go exterior but just saying mygt500, newbreedgt05, and suoperdave84 your cars do look sick. To each his own. I think the important thing is we all love the mustang and thats what should matter.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:10 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

To you guys with the Cervinis front....so it doesn't look right if you only change the bumper? That's what it's sounding like. I don't wanna put the side exhaust on either, so should I plan on using something like the Roush side skirts to help the line flow? And what if I don't change the back bumper? Would that still look crappy?

Maybe this will make my decision to change to the Roush front end easier since it looks like that front end flows fairly smoothly with the rest of the stock GT trim (meaning I wouldnt have to change the back end or even get the side skirts, kinda like the 427R)
Old 02-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Eleanor...
Old 02-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

oh and newbreedgt your car looks sick !!!

im hoping to get my car looking like yours just with a hardtop. same deal
ORIGINAL: reeflover

Newbreed: That car is wicked looking! Nice choice of body mods!
Thanks guys!

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

I think that the Eleanor kit is hideous. It makes the car look like a fatass and waaaay to bulky. I think that there is a balance between being a head turner because the car looks awesome and BA...and because its fugly. Just because its a head turner doesn't mean it looks good. Examples....a Lime green civic with Lambo doors and 22's turns heads, that guy who is turning himself into lizard turns heads. I think the Eleanor kit looks cheap and hotwheels like. I am much more of a clean look kind of guy. Just get the Shelby GT kit (with Hertz hood)and be done with it. I wish they never made Gone in 60 Seconds because of that god damn Eleanor. Although this is just my opinion.

Everybody has their own opinions, but I've never had anybody say anything bad about my car. Not that it would bother me anyway. If everybody liked the same thing, life would be boring. I'm glad the mustang has such a wonderful following that allows us to make our mustang exactly what we want.

Quick Reply: Eleanor vs. GT 500 -- Your Opinion