Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Fenders, cf front clip

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 03:10 PM
FirstOnRaceDay5

Default Fenders, cf front clip

Hey I'm looking to get back into the mustang scene with the purchase of a 06 s197, good frame but needs a front clip. I joined the forumto do some research and make sure this finacially makes sense for me to bring this car back instead of waiting a little longer for a nice used 05. I'vebeen looking at some of the aftermarket bumpers, hoods, and fenders you guys are running to see what I like... I figure if I have to replace it all anyway, might as well make it cooler then stock.I have a few questions and looking for some opinions:
1.)I saw some pictures of a GTR style fenderI liked...but haven't seen or heard too much about them in the forums. The thing is, they are fiberglass which worries me...I was looking to see if any forum member had experience with these: ie comments ontheir quality, fit, finish, and ability of the fiberglassto withstandchips/cracks that close to wheel debri.
2.)Iwas wonderingif anyone had experience or seen in personthe hotwheels carbon fiber kit. The whole kit is a but much for my taste, but I was thinking I could doa oem style carbon hood, the oem style carbonfenders, and then the front bumper from the kit forjust a bit more thengoing the aftermarket routeby the time youfactoring in prep, paint, clear,and blending. The carsis black, so a cf front clip wouldn't look too out of place. Anyway, they clame it to be a widebody kit, but I was wondering if anyone has seen it in person and could tell me ifthe front bumper wouldnot work with oem style cf fenders, as I wouldn't want to do the wide look upfrontsince I wouldn't be spending the $$on the cf back flares, bumper, or skirts.
3.) I really like the GT500 front clip, but it seems when combined with black paint...it reallydoesn't look as agressive as the other colors...I alsodon't want to pay a ton and then in 6 months the parts be half the price I paid..any thoughts
4.) Any aftermarket side exhaust kitsother then the eleanor style that areunder 1k?

Appreciate the help guys
I attached a pic of the basic color scheme (black&gunmetal)I'd be going for. If I did the CF front, I thought I'd do the boos stripe more of a bright silver and leave it CF infront of the silver, black behind the stripe which I think would really turn some heads....

[IMG]local://upfiles/89433/E69C6BD68DE5496D998609907132918F.jpg[/IMG]