Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

night rider hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 PM
kyoung6646

Default RE: night rider hood

Let me get more specific, MN Moose, is your hood the Cervini 1177? If so, where did you get it? Cervini discontiued this mold and I am interested in it.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
hondo928

ORIGINAL: MN Moose

dude its gonna look badass. I'm planning on doing the same thing this spring, red glow coming from the engine bay. What you could do is buy a strut tower brace and mount a couple tubes on there, i think thats what i'm gonna do. Since i have scoops and vents i think it will look so sweet.

F it forget what everyone else says I think with either of your hoods it's gonna be sick. As soon as I read that I thought about it MN Moose you had the other hood I thought it would look good with. I mean I wouldn't drive everywhere with it on because you'd look like a Rice box, but to show off I think it'll look sick. If the LEDS are brighter go with those!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

hmm kelly young...my best freind way back when had a mom whos name was kelly young...
Old 02-17-2008, 09:43 PM
kyoung6646

I dont think Im old enough to be a Mom of someone around your age...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 PM
BlackStang08
1st Gear Member

Hey there, thought this video would be pretty cool to post. just came across it a few minutes ago (its the actual car thats being used for filming being unloaded at a filming location) Enjoy!

Kitt In Action

Old 02-18-2008, 11:05 PM
05transporter

I, for one, would like to see someone pull this off. I think it'd have the potential to be pretty cool. I love the KR style hood, and want to put one on my car - it's a ram air, so it'd do more than just look sweet.

I think LED's would look good for brightness, but getting them to light in sequence sounds like it might be a little more work to do... but it could be one of those fun DIY jobs that requires you to get a bit inventive.

If anyone goes through with this, try and document it as best you can... It'd make for a very interesting tutorial.

Cheers!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:24 PM
05transporter

So instead of it being a DIY project, it looks like installing the new Knight Rider lights might be a lot easier. Auto Indulgence, the company that designed the scanner light for the new movie/possible series is planning on releasing either the prototype style lights or the final product sometime in the near future. You can check out their website here:

http://shop.autoi.com/osb/showitem.cfm?Category=0

Only downside I see is that if these are installed, the ram air intake probably would no longer be functional. -Although on that note, does the hood's ram air capability really do anything noticable for your car's performance?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 PM
BlackStang08
1st Gear Member

lets get real, nobody is going to spend all this money just to make their car look like the ****in night rider car. people would just laugh. yah, i would want to duplicate whats under the hood, but thats about it.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:04 AM
05transporter

Well, to each his own, I say. There's a whole slew of people out there who spend an incredible amount of time and money turning 3rd generation Firebirds into replicas of the original car. They don't do it because people will or won't laugh at them, they do it because they like the look and idea.

If it's something you think looks dumb, that's your opinion and that's fine. But if someone thinks they'd like the look, I say let them do it. After all, it's their car to enjoy, even if the result isn't something you approve of, as long as they enjoy or like the result, there's really no harm. Besides, it's no skin off your nose.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alsoknownazg

i was thinking blue cus i have neon inside my car that is blue
Blue sounds cool. I would steer away from red, since it's illegal in just about every state to have red lights on the front of your car while driving. Killer hood btw.

Hoose

Quick Reply: night rider hood