Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

night rider hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

Default night rider hood

i want to get neon under my hood like night rider but i dont know what type of neon to buy and whether or not its water proof, and where to mount them. anyhelp is appreciated
Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: night rider hood

It is my duty as your Mustang Brother to attempt and steer you away from that path.

That path will take you into darkness and ridicule.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
BM83
2nd Gear Member

Go for it man! Either night rider or dukes of hazzard, you can't go wrong.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

hmm.. I feel like I saw this post in the 2005-2008 section like a week ago.. (a guy with black stang wanted to put LEDs under his hood scoop or sumthin..)

let me just say that the posts that ensued were enough to make a grown man cry..lol

do whatever you want, but you might want to keep it on the DL unless it comes out looking insanely cool*..

*better check with a few close friends on MF before posting it to the masses..lol

Old 01-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

first of all, LED's are way better than neon, much brighter if you get good ones, http://www.oznium.com i used to talk to the guy that started that site alot, phil..the leds he sells are very bright

and second, the idea of it alone will bring in the flames and i wouldnt personally do it, but its your car

edit: first time i've been to his site in years..his inventory of things has expanded 10 fold from what i remember
Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM
besam
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

It is my duty as your Mustang Brother to attempt and steer you away from that path.

That path will take you into darkness and ridicule.

i also think it will look bad but i know lots of people here hate underglow and i might get that so to each his own, but i agree that you might want to get the LEDs and youre most likely going to have to just find a strip of lights that are around the same size of your scoops length wise, and probably soulder or weld it to the underside of your hood
http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips
i would reccomend that for this type of job along with some sealent to which ever side you make the cut on, just to be safe so water wont get in the strips
Old 01-28-2008, 08:16 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

i also think it will look bad but i know lots of people here hate underglow and i might get that so to each his own, but i agree that you might want to get the LEDs and youre most likely going to have to just find a strip of lights that are around the same size of your scoops length wise, and probably soulder or weld it to the underside of your hood
http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips
i would reccomend that for this type of job along with some sealent to which ever side you make the cut on, just to be safe so water wont get in the strips
i really didnt ask for your guys' opinions, all i asked was what type of light, LED thank you, and whether they were waterproof, sealant should help thankyou, and how i should mount them, weld thankyou besam
all i got to say is i def wouldnt weld these on because if it did look bad i would immediately take them off. But i like how night rider looks
Old 01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

please dont. ur car looks so nice as is. that hood is looks amazing.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

i dont understand what the big deal is in just seeing what they look like, who knows it could be badass
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

alsoknownazg: nice rims

Quick Reply: night rider hood