Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

What now? 05 GT

Old 04-04-2005, 07:56 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What now? 05 GT

ORIGINAL: Titostang

i never get why some ppl get so emotional and angry about if a persons parents pay for their car. my parents payed for mine? if they have the money then why not? its not like i sit on my ***, i work and get good grades. i could have payed for my car anyway, but my dad wanted to pay for it. some ppl need to calm down about that. anyways, great car. i love that blue it looks really good. i would tint the windows the blue and window tint looks amazing
Lighten up....when you put your own skin in the game and buy your own car, insurance, gas, food, lodging, etc..... then you can come in here and start to preach. Until that time, if you've got mommy and daddy paying your freight, you aren't going to get much respect with that attitude.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

so if your parents said they wanted to pay for yours, you would tell them no?

I do realize that there are spoiled people out there and I am probably one of them. But I made good grades and got into the college I wanted(Texas A&M) so that I will be able to pay for my own expenses in life.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

and what are you talking about coming in here with that attitude won't get you much respect? I see nothing wrong with what he said and I agree people do get emotional when they hear parents paid for the car.

seems to me the only one with the attitude is you.
Not trying to disrespect you or anything, just making conversation.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Dude, the car looks mint as it is.. Sometimes less is more. I do like the stripes but if your really on a tight budget then see about a simple pinstripe or the "Mustang" Lettering around the rocker pannel area.

Think of it this way, at least you have one. Even without any exterior mods, your in a much better position than those of us still waiting for our order!
Old 04-05-2005, 02:00 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Titostang

i never get why some ppl get so emotional and angry about if a persons parents pay for their car. my parents payed for mine? if they have the money then why not? its not like i sit on my ***, i work and get good grades. i could have payed for my car anyway, but my dad wanted to pay for it. some ppl need to calm down about that. anyways, great car. i love that blue it looks really good. i would tint the windows the blue and window tint looks amazing

because those of us who had(have)to work hard and bust our *** to get ours it upsets us a bit when somone gets a freeride. who the hell cares if you got good grades? good for you. you say you get good grades? that will help you get into the college you want. that's the reward. you shouldn't feel like getting good grades earns you anything.

if my folks were going to buy me a new stang i'd be there with bells on signing the paperwork don't get me wrong about that. but there's just something special to earning it and paying for it yourself.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Titostang
1st Gear Member

who the hell cares if you got good grades? good for you. you say you get good grades? that will help you get into the college you want. that's the reward. you shouldn't feel like getting good grades earns you anything.

lol thanks alot dude. what v8 said you have to differentiate between the spoiled people and the lucky people in life. i know im lucky as hell to be in my situation. it works both ways in my family. my dad knows when i get older i'll be in a situation to give money back to them and take care of them. I also know the feeling of working my *** off to get things. ppl are dealt diff cards. peace
Old 04-05-2005, 02:36 AM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

blue with white racing stripes is awesome, only problem is ive seen like 4 '05s with it already
Old 04-05-2005, 02:40 AM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Sonic Blue with Bone White stripes (painted with pinstripe outline) would look super hella sweet with red leather interior!!

I would have done this very thing but Ford wont do the Red Leather IUP on Sonic Blue..

My 02 Sonic blue I loved, however this paint job shows the tiniest scratches... road nicks etc.. the only down side...
Old 04-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I wish I could get someone else to pay for my 05'....

HEY... Maybe Whitey... DUDE... Will you pay for my car?... I'll do your dishes and take out the trash and mow the grass for ya! Oh yea.. and keep my room picked up! hehe.. just kidding.

Dayum..... Sort of a bummer.... My parents wouldn't pay for anything when it came to cars.... So... My first car was what I could afford at minimum wage.. I started out with a 64 Rambler Classic 550, 4 doors that was originally a Bell Telephone car... YEA... It was that old Olive Drab Green they used to make them.. Still had that the Bell Telephone "Bell" Logo on the door... I carefully peeled off the T and the B and put them back so it said "Tell Bellephone"... The headliner rotted out and I peeled a "PITCH IN" sticker off of a dumpster and stuck it to the ceiling of the car for a headliner.

It didn't have a radio, and I didn't have any money... so I tied a GE portable AM/FM Radio to the dash. (Mono).

If you rolled down the passenger door glass more then 1/2 way it FELL down inside the door and you had to use a hanger to pull it back up.

The Key Ignition switch was bad so to start the car was nothing more then a toggle switch on the dash and a button on the floor for the starter.

You could only open the passenger door from the inside, and you had to body slam it shut from the outside.

It had a 4 banger that used 1 quart of oil for every 2 tanks of gas.... buy hey.. I never had to do an oil change... It always had fresh oil in it.... all I did was change the filter every 6 months. although the back of the car was always BLACK... LOL

It did have one AWESOME featureā€¦ The front seats were designed to lay down flat and level and even with the back seat creating a BEDā€¦. Now.. Imagine what a healthy young man 16 to 18 did with THAT feature! Came in VERY handy at Drive In Movies!

BUT... I was DAMN PROUD of that car... it was MY car... I PAID FOR IT... with no help from anybody. Since it was mine, I could do anything I wanted to it and nobody could tell me different or take it away. ... well... almost anybody.... the cops for some reason, seemed to think they could give me advice, but who listens to them?

Now... as for this thread... Dude.. Your car looks damn nice as it is... most options are going cost you serious change. But if you keep it simple you can keep the cost down. See my thread on "Non Performance Options" for some ideas.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Hey Prof... Sure I will buy you a car... What do you want just let me know and its yours.... you will only have to put out for oh say about 4 years... I keep the wigs and outfits in the "special" room next to my bedroom... Just go down the hall and take the first left... Gosh I hope I have your size...

Search this Thread