Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

What now? 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:16 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What now? 05 GT

in any case tito i think you chose wisely with the sonic blue. personally i think that's the coolest color. to make it stand out from the others a little bit you could go with a saleen, steeda, or roush body kit. they all look very good. i've seen them with 20 inch wheels. if you can find some that aren't too flashy or tacky they look good in the humungous wheelwells.

oh yeah and the other reason people get upset when somone's parents buy them a car......jealousy. plain and simple. they wish their parents would buy them a car. i wish my parents would buy me a car. but they didn't so i bought my own. good luck with it. i think it looks great as it is.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:50 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V8 Aggie

so if your parents said they wanted to pay for yours, you would tell them no?

I do realize that there are spoiled people out there and I am probably one of them. But I made good grades and got into the college I wanted(Texas A&M) so that I will be able to pay for my own expenses in life.
So, you got good grades? That means exactly.......WHAT? Good grades don't earn you a damn thing. It's good thing that you do that, but it really proves nothing.....only that you know how to get good grades.

Good grades don't earn you a car, in my estimation. Take your good grades to the local dealer and ask him how much car you can get with them?

I hear this crap all the time. I get good grades so I deserve a car. You kidding me?

I got good grades (graduated *** laude). That gets "bupkiss". I can't tell you how many people I know that I graduated with who had good grades and have turned out to be total losers (thinking that they earned something because of their academic standing) in life.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

Very nice color..........Enjoy it for a while the way it is.......she sure looks good!

Later,
Old 04-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: graphicguy

So, you got good grades? That means exactly.......WHAT? Good grades don't earn you a damn thing. It's good thing that you do that, but it really proves nothing.....only that you know how to get good grades.

Good grades don't earn you a car, in my estimation. Take your good grades to the local dealer and ask him how much car you can get with them?

I hear this crap all the time. I get good grades so I deserve a car. You kidding me?

I got good grades (graduated *** laude). That gets "bupkiss". I can't tell you how many people I know that I graduated with who had good grades and have turned out to be total losers (thinking that they earned something because of their academic standing) in life.
I got good grades... Graduated High School in 2 years, served in Law Enforcment for 2, served in the military for 8, fought for our country, defended freedom and the American way, served and protected, been shot and injured severely...

You know what has been GIVEN to me... NOTHING! Yeah I might sound like I am bleeding a hard luck story, but now I am rich, powerful, and have lots of women... not much else to want really... All worked for. I think everyone should work for the good things in life it makes it all taste much sweeter!! You simply have more apreciation.

In retrospect I am glad my father never gave me squat except the tools to succeed...
Old 04-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Whitey...

HERE HERE!

Similar story with me, Except, I got BAD grades in High School… Mostly, because the school system didn't know what to do with a "Bright" kid.

I started earning my own money at 13, and have worked ever since.

Moved out at 17,.. Worked my own way through 2 different College Degrees and currently going through my third.

I never ask or got help from my family. ( They couldn’t afford it if I did!)

I am glad to state I make a very comfortable income and can now afford my toys. Unfortunately I’m too “Old†for those YOUNG women... but I do date them considerably younger then myself.. HAHA.

Like you, I believe there is something to be said for people who learn to earn they way. One has a very different perspective on life when you reap what you sow.

Anyway… as for Spencer.

NICE Car!… You are quite lucky to have parents who 1: Can afford it.. and 2: Would purchase it.
And so now it is yours and I’m sure your very happy and proud.

Accessorize… How about a nice 112 pound “Red Head†Hood Ornament… THAT would look awesome! Although… speaking from experience they cost a LOT more then you think!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:08 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Whitey_McNasty

I got good grades... Graduated High School in 2 years, served in Law Enforcment for 2, served in the military for 8, fought for our country, defended freedom and the American way, served and protected, been shot and injured severely...

You know what has been GIVEN to me... NOTHING! Yeah I might sound like I am bleeding a hard luck story, but now I am rich, powerful, and have lots of women... not much else to want really... All worked for. I think everyone should work for the good things in life it makes it all taste much sweeter!! You simply have more apreciation.

In retrospect I am glad my father never gave me squat except the tools to succeed...
MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU. I salute you and your sevice.......[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=thanx.gif]

BTW....any of those women you speak about want to come my way?
Old 04-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU. I salute you and your sevice.......
No thanks needed... Freedom and the Constitution are thanks enough... (But I apreciate it anyway! ) We are just all very lucky to live in America... Where ANYONE with drive and a dream can make it happen...

Thats why I get a little sour when I see people get handed everything in life. Most of us have to work (hard) to get the things we have...

When I was 15 my grandparents offered to give me an El Camino... Believe it or not, I turned it down. I was young and idealistic and felt that I was my own man and did not need anyone (thanks dad!). In retrospect I wonder somtimes if maybe I should have taken the car, but then I think if I had maybe I would not be a millionaire today... No I would not be... I would not have been driven to do the things I did and I would not have learned the disipline and fortitude, that it takes to truely succeed...

But the world does take all types to go around... for what ever thats worth...

BTW....any of those women you speak about want to come my way?
You know I always seem to leave a string of them around... There are some in Texas and California, Virginia, South Carolina, Missouri, Kansas, Michigan... Uh yeah thats about it... And your welcome to most of them...
Old 04-05-2005, 05:21 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

You seem to be impressed with yourself....

I would be too.

As for the service to our country, his parents should have bought you the car, better yet, we all should have.
Service people and their families get a bum rap in a country that pays millions to spoiled ball players, we should be ashamed.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Take up a collection... but send the cars to the troops in service now... Or better yet send it to the families of those troops that won't be coming home... They are the ones that get it the worst!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:19 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

Here's what yours will look like. Hopefully you don't live around me.