Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

What color would you Powder Coat your valve covers?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 AM
vaporGT

Default RE: What color would you Powder Coat your valve covers?

when you bring it to a shop how much of the engine do they have to take apart to do the paint job?
is there always a risk that things will feel different after the reinstall??
Old 03-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Powder_Coating_Pros

To be honest you can do it yourself. TacoBill has a GREAT write up on this subject. I was trying to minimize down time for owners by sending out the covers thatI have and coat them the color the customer wants. Then the customer would change them out in a weekend or less and send back his uncoated stock covers. Also this is less money for the customer. Why buy something you already have? (That was my thought)

Old 03-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Powder_Coating_Pros

I think the gunmetal might look cool and stand outjust a tad from my white and black theme.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:27 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Powder_Coating_Pros

To be honest you can do it yourself. TacoBill has a GREAT write up on this subject. I was trying to minimize down time for owners by sending out the covers thatI have and coat them the color the customer wants. Then the customer would change them out in a weekend or less and send back his uncoated stock covers. Also this is less money for the customer. Why buy something you already have? (That was my thought)

Thats a great idea actually, the thing that was keeping me from buying a new set already painted was that I have no need for two sets plus its quite a bit more expensive that way. If you get a chance, please PM me what you charge.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Powder_Coating_Pros

I thought it was as-well .

I am waiting for the forum to tell me how I can sponsor. I will update you.
ORIGINAL: MustangBatman1

ORIGINAL: Powder_Coating_Pros

Thats a great idea actually, the thing that was keeping me from buying a new set already painted was that I have no need for two sets plus its quite a bit more expensive that way. If you get a chance, please PM me what you charge.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Powder_Coating_Pros

Ok guys,

I talked to whoever does their marketing. I am sorry to say that I have declined the offer. They wanted $225 PER MONTH just to sell items on the website. If I did 5 sets of valve covers from this site I would BARELY have enough profit to pay for the $225. You guys can always email me and I am sure you can see me on other forums. PowderCoatingPros@lycos.com

I was trying to do this for the members and not for a quick or big profit. I will update you on my covers and intake on how they turn out. I just got a new color in 2008 Harley Davidson Warlock Gray.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

How are the pre-painted ones from steeda?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Powder_Coating_Pros

I have no idea what steeda does to their covers. Are they around $240 bucks plus shipping>?

If they are painted they will not have the mar Resistance, UV Resistance, and the chemical Resistance a powder coat would. If you have any questions I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07

How are the pre-painted ones from steeda?