Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

2006 GT Bumpers on V-6

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Mastercraft1

Default 2006 GT Bumpers on V-6

Hey everybody,

I am new to this site. I am considering trading in my 04 Fx4 F-150 on a new Mustang because the gas pricess have just about broke my bank. I have had a few Mustangs 1965, 1985-GT , 1995-GT. This time around i am seriously considering a V-6. #1 reason - I just dont need all the Horse power anymore but another huge reason is Living in Michigan our roads can be horrible to drive on with all the snow and ice we receive and the GT's are terrible under those conditions. My question is this. I have seen several post on Pro's - Con's to changing over to the GT's Bumbers and Grills. I personaly LOVE the GT look over the V-6 but could care less about the big motor. Can someone who has done this show me some pictures of your v-6 with the GT bumpers and Grill?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: 2006 GT Bumpers on V-6

Click on the link in my signature, I have a V6 and everyone always confuses it for a GT. It was easy easy to do, and believe it or not the current 4.0 with a CAI/Tune is about the same as the older GT's as far as performance!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
rock61992
1st Gear Member

Well i personally wouldnt go with the gt look because it would seem as if you were trying to pass our sixer for a gt, but in any case its ultamitely up to you and i think the best place to get the stuff would be at newtakeoff or at v6mustang stuff. Just remember that the gt front bumper will only fit the gt grill so make sure to get both and a wire harness to make the gt fogs functional. Not to mention some 4.0 emblems to let everyone know what you really got ,and a dual exhaust to fill the rear bumpers other hole.

Or you could take a look at the Street Scene Kit, might suit your taste better.

By the way welcome to the mustang forums and the mustang community in general, i hope you make the right choice.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:29 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: rock61992

Well i personally wouldnt go with the gt look because it would seem as if you were trying to pass our sixer for a gt, but in any case its ultamitely up to you and i think the best place to get the stuff would be at newtakeoff or at v6mustang stuff. Just remember that the gt front bumper will only fit the gt grill so make sure to get both and a wire harness to make the gt fogs functional. Not to mention some 4.0 emblems to let everyone know what you really got ,and a dual exhaust to fill the rear bumpers other hole.

Or you could take a look at the Street Scene Kit, might suit your taste better.

By the way welcome to the mustang forums and the mustang community in general, i hope you make the right choice.
Actually I have had no issues with people thinking that, because I kept my V6 rear spoiler. People would would care/know notice my pony badging on the back, and lack of GT badging on the sides, people who don't know/care ask is it a GT? I say no, and they usually replay Wow! nice car!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

I use to live in MI, moved to GA about six months ago so i know what ur saying about the MI roads. Due to them i needed new shocks at 38K. But the v6 has plenty of power for what you need. the GT is also an amazing machine but like oddysey said these new v6's are just as fast as old gt's. ive taken 95t's, a bunch of auto 98' gt's and a couple 5 speed 98's. If u want the look of a GT just go to www.newtakeoff.com and you can buy the bumpers painted for a pretty damn good price. i have the GT rear on my car just because of the duals and it looks alot cleaner imo. im not putting the front because i dont want to look exactly like a gt, i have a 4.0 and i want people to know it lol. hope that helps.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i wouldn t worry about people asking, is it a gt? if the person is a real mustang enthusiast they will notice the pony emblems on the side and on the fake gas cap. i get asked at least once a day if mine is a gt just because of the rear bumper, so i put a 245 rear emblem on the back. im also getting a liscense plate that says "justav6" its gonna be great this summer when they hear something spool up around 2900 rpm. hopefully my plans will work out!lol
Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

I've got the GT rear bumper because it just looks more cleaner with the duals - but I'd like to get the GT front because the lines just look more smoother and flush with the lines with the rear, plus I like the look without the license plate on the front. I plan on doing this in the summer but I want to keep our V6 grill - does anyone know where I can find a V6 grill that would fit the GT bumper? I've seen a member with the GT front and the V6 grill, but I can't find it - it was a satin silver sixer too... Pics would be very much appreciated
Old 03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
nickb2236
1st Gear Member

I heard that the gt is not bad in the rain & snow because of the traction control. Is this true?
Old 03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Have you considered any other facias? There are some other mean looking kits out there, consider them as well.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Mastercraft1

Yes, I have been searching online at other body modifications that are available but with all the guys with GT's removing there's it's hard to beat the price. There is a guy right here in Michigan ( within pick-up distance ) that is advertising both bumpers , Grill, Lights, and dual exhaust from all new GT's for $350.00. Plus i really like the stock GTlook. I'm not considering ittoo impress or fake out anyone. At my age (36) the only person i need to impress is my wife!

Quick Reply: 2006 GT Bumpers on V-6