Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Pics of Billet Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of Billet Interior

NICE PICS!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT4Me

Thanks for the pics...keep it coming!!

I wouldn't mind going with MGW, but there is not much to chose from for the '05-'08. UPR is probably the route i will go (more selection). I would hate to mix and match between different companies and have the products not match. I would like to keep it allpolished billet or chrome plated(don't know the difference). Thanks
Careful with the UPR ... I've seen a couple things from them that were less than stellar quality. Definitely get the MGW stuff you like and THEN pickup anything missing from UPR. It's ok to mix and match as long as you do it tastefully.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:30 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Another good source is SSinserts....got the ebrake handle, speaker covers, lock grommet, billet seat adjuster, etc from them..some of it pricey, but excellent quality.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
08whitestang
1st Gear Member

I have gotten all of my billet interior stuff from SSInserts also and LOVE the quality!! I have been very happy with all of it and they have a pretty good selection of items also. I have just a couple of items left that I want to get. (Still haven't had a chance to get my pics taken. Sorry)
Old 04-16-2008, 10:11 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

MGW is for sure top notch but also look at SHR
Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

I know you originally asked for polished billet or chrome, but you can check out my interior with brushed aluminum by clicking on the camera icon under my avatar pic. I did mix and match a bit (some UPR items that I couldn't find elsewhere at the time), and found it quite easy going the brushed route.

+1 on MGW being the top.

I'll have updated pics up of my interior pretty soon with a review of the Kenwood in-dash DVD player I just installed. This is by far the best interior "appearance" upgrade you can make.

BTW, in the most generic terms, "chrome" is a plating process that yields its shiny surface, while "polished billet" refers to a solid piece of aluminum that is polished to a high luster (also giving it a bright shine, though not as much as chrome). The disadvantage to chrome is that if it is done poorly (and there's LOTS of poor chrome quality out there) it can flake or chip off after some time. I'm sure others can give you a more technical answer.

Best,
-j
Old 04-20-2008, 12:36 PM
MustangGT4Me

Careful with the UPR
Thanks for the heads up about UPR

Another good source is SSinserts
Looks like a great website...SS inserts and MGW looks like the winners

08whitestang-
Areyou a new orleans' saints fan??? from new orleans??? (can't wait to see your pics of your interior) probably going w/ SS & MGW

Philostang-
Thanks for the explanation. Interior looks great. Are your pedals from UPR??? I do like the pedals from UPR. They aresupposed to fit over your stock rubber. Were they hard to install and how do they feel especially when your shoes are wet?

Did i miss anybody??[sm=smiley14.gif] If i missed anybody [sm=sorry.gif], i will catch you on the next go around.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

No problem, glad to help.

The pedals are from UPR, fit is great, and they feel very solid. I've had them on for over 20K miles, no problems. This is my daily driver year round (in Chicago), so she's seen plenty of sleet and snow on the pedals w/o issue. Once in a great while I'll feel a slip, but that's because of my error (putting my foot down at a rediculous angle or on the very tip of the pedal...total driver-moron moments). The install wasn't terribly difficult, and yes they install over the stock pedals. This is what gives them great grip even during inclement weather. Thinking about this a bit, I usually wear gym-shoe-type soles, and the few times I've had on dress shoes in the car during the rain I have noticed some slipping.

I've got UPR's mirror **** & bezel kit as well as their heater control ***** (all in brushed aluminum). No issues after 20K miles, and the fit is fantastic. In fact, I had the mirror control **** bezel on without any adhesives for about 5K miles just using a press fit--the fit was that precise. The control ***** need a bit of quick rub down from time to time, but its all aluminum, so there's nothing to lose. I'm not sure what the "careful" is in regards to UPR; I think you can pretty easily see that some of their products are not the best made, so I would just stay away from those.

Still +1 on MGW as the best.

Best,
-j
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Rudiepoo1
1st Gear Member

No love for silverhorseracing in here? Their stuff it top notch too and matches the silver MGW stuff as well. I've got a mix of both companies and they work out well.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:35 PM
MustangGT4Me

ORIGINAL: Rudiepoo1

No love for silverhorseracing in here? Their stuff it top notch too and matches the silver MGW stuff as well. I've got a mix of both companies and they work out well.
Postsome pics whenever you get a chance

Quick Reply: Pics of Billet Interior