Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

3dC Front Air Dam or GT Bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:30 PM
OhioUSMC

Default 3dC Front Air Dam or GT Bumper?

Okay guys this is driving me insane...so I need some outside opinions on this. My dilema is I cannot for the life of me figure out which visual mod to go with between the two. I have gone back and forth between the two and I still am getting no where. So what I am looking to do is get a more aggresive front end. The front air dam is a great looking piece, but it is way more expensive, yet it is unique and you still get to keep that v6 look. The GT front bumper is hundreds cheaper but is so over done, yet it is still (in my opinion) the most aggresive look for the money. BTW, I do not have a pony grill and if the GT wins out no fog lights either. Want to get the CDC replacement grill. Opinions please!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:09 AM
ToanTo

Default RE: 3dC Front Air Dam or GT Bumper?

I dont have either one yet. But I'm leaning towards the 3D air dam because i dont want to look like a GT. the gt is cheaper and definitely looks aggressive, but i rather look like a unique mustang. i actually started another thread on this in the appearance section about the 3d carbon kit for the v6. in the end i say get what you find is most attractive, money not considered because in the end you'll want what you want and dont want to have any regrets. good luck on your decision
Old 04-21-2008, 07:40 AM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

The 3d carbon air dam is not very aggressive at all. With a GT front bumper upgrade, you can attach a variety of chin spoilers that vary in aggressiveness. Or just get the Cervini's or Fang chin spoiler for the V6. Both are more aggressive than the 3DC.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:08 AM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

if you are talking about hte 3dc boy racer front end i agree with addison, it looks like a large mouth bass in my opinoin, id go with the gt front and get a chin spoiler to get that aggressive look.

plus, i bought the cervinis front end at first, then hated it bc it looked incomplete without the entire kit. thats the trouble with going with just a front end from a kit without at least the side skirts to tie it together. I ended up getting the gt front anyways and now im 500 poorer.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Both looks awesome. However, like addison said with the GT front bumper it looks good and aggresive and is still open to change or addition. The 3D carbon for the V6 looks awesome, but once its done... thats it.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:55 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Also having the same diliema because I do not want to loose my PP fog lights with the GT bumper. If there was only a way...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:03 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I am sure there is a way to "make" the PP foglights fit the GT grill or aftermarket grill. Be the first to truly mod and write a how to
Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

I am sure there is a way to "make" the PP foglights fit the GT grill or aftermarket grill. Be the first to truly mod and write a how to
I may ask a few people and see if they are will to start the project. If so, I'll see if he wants to help me make a how to.

Now I just got to get enough guts to do it. I think I remember others saying a few have done it. Is this true?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:35 AM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

GUYS! GET THE CS6 BUMPER!

it fits the V6 grill, so you can keep your pony package.
there are so many more options, other than the common chin spoilers...
although these fascias (street scene, shelby) are more expensive, its not a little saving up can't cover up for. plus, they look 12413x better. I suggest taking into more consideration a whole new bumper, before taking the plunge for a chin right away. jmo

good luck with your choice
Old 04-21-2008, 10:39 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrhykushi

GUYS! GET THE CS6 BUMPER!

it fits the V6 grill, so you can keep your pony package.
there are so many more options, other than the common chin spoilers...
although these fascias (street scene, shelby) are more expensive, its not a little saving up can't cover up for. plus, they look 12413x better. I suggest taking into more consideration a whole new bumper, before taking the plunge for a chin right away. jmo

good luck with your choice
Do you have this?

Can it be confirmed? You got me interested.

Quick Reply: 3dC Front Air Dam or GT Bumper?