Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Baby steps, upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
ahkitekt
1st Gear Member

Default Baby steps, upgrades

I just bought my car, and wanted to do some minor modifications as I learn more about exhaust systems, tuners, etc. It's all so new to me. Early next week I have these coming...

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_po...let_plug.shtml
i got the black "GT" with chrome

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_coin_tray.shtml
i got the GT one for coins

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-m...bs-chrome.html
i got the chrome billet *****

http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-mus...ht-covers.html
and got the rear light smoke-out pieces

figured i would try that out and go from there with more interior items, especially a new head unit for the stereo
Old 05-02-2008, 11:21 AM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Baby steps, upgrades

Hey,

Just wanted to make sure you know that the HVAC control ***** will not fit an 07+ before you buy since you didn't give the year of your car. The ***** are not removable (without removing the radio).
Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
GRABBER08GT
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the madness, no mod is too small. I started with door pins and shorty antenna[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
ahkitekt
1st Gear Member

d - sorry, forgot to put that i bought an '06 GT. i made sure when i checked sites that i specifically shopped products made for my type. grabber, haha i got the shorty antenna last week and a cover for my car since our garage has open windows facing a main street. next is the stereo head end, and a few more interior appearance mods, before i move on to the engine
Old 05-05-2008, 09:24 AM
BlackStang21
1st Gear Member

[align=left]Welcome to the club. Before you know it, you'll have a hole in your wallet you won't know what to do. It's part of owning this car. Just wanted to gvie you a heads up on the taillight covers. They don't fit perfectly and quite a few people have all had the same problem with them as well as me personally. The passenger side fits perfectly, but the drivers side always has one corner extruding out. There was a post on the forums a couple of days ago.

Here it is: https://mustangforums.com/m_4998339/...tm.htm#5010095

Good luck with them and everything else you ordered. I really like the power outlet plug. I've been meaning to order one of those. As said before, welcome and welcome to overtime to make more money to pay for everything you want for this car.
[/align]
Old 05-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Cool
Old 05-06-2008, 03:18 PM
ahkitekt
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, thank you for the heads up information. I have not put the back covers on the lights yet, as I am waiting until my stripes are replaced and the car is detailed. I put the power plug "GT" cap on and it looks very nice with the polished chrome. The A/C ***** went on with only a little haggle required and they also look nice. Stupid me bought the "GT" coin holder but did not realize it was ONLY the coin holder and not the chrome frame for the cup holders also. So I have to order that. The tarp I bought is a perfect fit, as it was made for the '06 GT. Love the shorty antenna. Ordering the car stereo ASAP so I can install on Memorial Day.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Diegs14

Ahkitekt,

Where did you purchase the cover and for how much? Thanks.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:02 AM
ahkitekt
1st Gear Member

I bought it through American Muscle, and they basically fit it to your car based on year/type. I think it was around 175 dollars, and it fits really snug. Keeps the dust off the car when we do not drive it for a while. Make sure you consider the antenna situation, we bought the 8" shorty and it is easy to unscrew and put in the glove box. the other option is poke a hole and they give you a grommet to put on.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
ahkitekt
1st Gear Member

So I just got my car back last night after the dealer had it for 15 days to replace the racing decals (was supposed to be for 4-5 days but that is another story for another time as I am still raging upset with the clown I dealt with), and starting tomorrow I have 2 solid days to spend working on it. I have put in the power plug chrome "GT" cover, the drink holder chrome bezel with GT coin holder, and the chrome A/C *****. Tomorrow I put the new stereo in, the back 3rd brake light decal, the license plate frame, and sunday will be wash/wax/detail for hours in the 85 degree sun. add beer and a grill and i am pretty excited to spend quality time with my second wife

Quick Reply: Baby steps, upgrades