MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section-122/)
-   -   Color changing interior lights (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section/448298-color-changing-interior-lights.html)

Mrklemic 05-22-2008 11:58 PM

Color changing interior lights

I see some cars have the color changing interior dash lights and was wondering if anyone knows how to upgrade to get those or if it is possible at all.?

Yellow Tang 05-23-2008 11:16 AM

RE: Color changing interior lights

If your car did not come that way it is a lot of dollars to get it from a dealler and most that have it say they dont use it much because the mileage still stays green all the time more of a toy if its on your car.

07 Stang 05-23-2008 04:49 PM

Are you talking about MyColor or the Ambient Lighting that is on the 2008s? I have MyColor and I love it, but I must admit I keep it set mostly on Blue to match the color of my car.

Like Yellow Tang said above, you can purchase the MyColor set up but it ain't cheap! I got mine with the Interior Upgrade Package on my '07. ;)

Mrklemic 05-27-2008 02:38 AM

i was talking about the RYB color changing system that some stangs have to change your guage's and stereo lights. I am thinking about goiing to the junk yard and finding a busted up stang to take one off of. But i will have to make sure i like it... its a shame about the green mialiage color... i would have really loved it to all match, maybe i wont even bother.

frankmarino 06-03-2008 09:35 PM

it doesn't change your stereo color or any of the lights on the center console...only the gauges...the rest of the lights stay what i like to call "astro van green"

it would be awesome if it would change all the interior lights...imagine light blue stereo and climate control lights! it's the simple things that matter to me, lol

black08mustang 06-04-2008 03:31 PM

yeah i have the ambient lighting in the cup holder and in the footwells its pretty sweet i keep it on red and&amp\\;nbsp\\;blue my cars black i think those are the 2 coolest colors i want the mycolor set up how much is it at the dealership?

bronxbomba63 06-15-2008 08:02 PM

07....so I can't just get the switches to do the mycolor? I just have the "place holder switches" in it's place.

07 Stang 06-16-2008 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: bronxbomba63

07....so I can't just get the switches to do the mycolor? I just have the "place holder switches" in it's place.
I don't think it's that simple. This is some info I got off the Internet;

The cluster can be ordered through a willing service department and the little three button pack can be ordered too. The button pack snaps into place with the wiring harness plugged into its rear. The cluster, on the other hand, has to be pre-programmed by the cluster center with your mileage and then installed. There are also changes that have to be made to the cars programming to recognize that the cluster is there.
Some individuals have had success getting this accomplished while others have reported that their dealer was unable or unwilling to complete this update. One dealer even told the owner that Ford says that the update can only be done at the factory.

I'm sure you could order the parts (about $350) but you would have to take it to the dealer to have it installed. From what I've read it takes about 2 hours so that's another $100.00.

bronxbomba63 06-16-2008 10:24 AM

Yeah, I saw another post last night that talked about getting the 6 guage intrument panel and switches. They mentioned getting the cluster programmed with "as built" or something like that so that the tire pressure warning doesn't come on. But f*ck it....that's a lot of $$$ even though they do look nice. Crappy interior...crappy instruments....damn base Mustangs suck!!!!! lol

SemperFi789 06-19-2008 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: bronxbomba63

its not simply a switch, u would have to at least switch the enitre speedometer cluster and add the buttons, probably a computer or something too because u do get a screen that tells you all the statistics as well