Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New Grille w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:55 PM
JimC

Default RE: New Grille w/pics

Looks great, and will be even better with it painted behind the grill and the Tri-Bar. If I didn't have the pony package that is the grill I'd get as well. Too bad you couldn't have just installed it in the parking lot at CDC so we could have seen the process and the results live! I was parked next to you and we did my hood struts right there just after the light sprinkles stopped.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimC

Looks great, and will be even better with it painted behind the grill and the Tri-Bar. If I didn't have the pony package that is the grill I'd get as well. Too bad you couldn't have just installed it in the parking lot at CDC so we could have seen the process and the results live! I was parked next to you and we did my hood struts right there just after the light sprinkles stopped.
I thought about doing the install there and didn't for 2 reasons.

1. I was sure I wanted to paint behind the grill and I had no paint. Of course once I got home, I decided I wanted to see it unpainted, live and learn I guess, I will have to take it off next weekend and do the paint.

2. I didn't want anyone to see me swear and throw tools which happens everytime I work on the car!

I didn't even see you work on your car, I musta been inside when you did the install, would have liked to watch as I will be putting hood struts on mine as well.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:46 AM
shane66

hey man, how much did you pay for your grille? ive been looking at that same grille for a while now and ive seen it in plastic and the one likeyours( metal ). do you think the price dif. for the metal is worth it over the plastic?

i think its like a hundred n something difference between the two.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:11 AM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Nice grille

I picked up my lower grille off of ebay, complete replacement, think it was something like $35 shipped. Cheap plastic, but it is holding up rather well, had it over a year and no cracks.
It does look better painted behind it, I used Dulicolor black auto paint when I did mine. Just mask off everthing really good because that paint is a b**ch to get off if it goes where you don't want it.
You guys have all the luck, all the good stores are back east! We have NOTHING here, oh a tiny Summit (mostly warehouse), and that's it!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:03 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shane66

hey man, how much did you pay for your grille? ive been looking at that same grille for a while now and ive seen it in plastic and the one likeyours( metal ). do you think the price dif. for the metal is worth it over the plastic?

i think its like a hundred n something difference between the two.
I paid $290 with tax, CDC gave a 10% discount to forum members who bought products during the meet and greet. I looked at the plastic "overlay" grill, and to me, there is no comparison, this Aluminum grill is top notch, and you know it with a name like CDC on it. Well worth the price difference IMO.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:35 AM
shane66

k kool man, thanks a lot!

-shane
Old 06-29-2008, 10:16 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

just ordered that grille myself. going to paint behind it too. did you get it online? and if you did how long did it take to get it in the mail after you ordered it?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:51 AM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

looks good but you need a pony emblem to make it look great.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
whitestang07
2nd Gear Member

looks good how much did it cost
Old 07-01-2008, 01:08 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

they cost 305 + 15 in shipping. just got mine today so ill post on how it looks

Quick Reply: New Grille w/pics