Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

painted mirrors

Old 06-23-2008, 09:06 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default painted mirrors

i still have to pull in the pics. but i got my mirrors painted to match the car and ihave to say i highly reccomend this...it gives the car a very clean look.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:33 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Default RE: painted mirrors

But your car is black, and your mirrors are already black, haha.

just kidding, I'm sure it looks nice. I'm considering getting mirror covers in red, or just buying some painted mirrors... but I haven't decided yet.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 PM
project85
3rd Gear Member

I want to get mine painted too[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

i want to see them on a White mustang because i like the white and black look. and people seem to open their doors into my mirrors,thank god they are plastic! they have white scuffs on them and some B**CH opend her ford Explorer door (SUV doors are heavy) and i have an annoying rattle in it now.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

just got done updating my site....ill throw the links up in another section that is appropiate....

painted mirror pic...and yes i know i have a black car, and the stock look is not the contrasting...but they are now easier to clean and keep clean, and make the car really stand out......i highly reccomend this appearence modification....it really finishes the car off.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/46173/FEA2B720D2794C64A55E8F48A9FE7323.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Wow looks great. did you smooth down the surface first? and what sort of paint did you use?

Old 06-24-2008, 01:09 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i didnt do it....sorry...i had it done, but yes they were smoothed out and look great....it takes some getting used to....i would think its subtle on my car color, but on brighter colors...very noticable and has much more of an impact in visual terms......with painted rockers why not do the mirrors....i hate cleaning that armor all off of my doors when it rains...then it fades...and i got to do it all over a gain.....well not anymore..!!! polish, wax, some uqd in between.....hope i dont get a lot of stonies...lol....

fyi i kept my stock mirrors...bought two...had them painted....should i scratch them good...while they get repainted....i put the urethane ones back on....this way i have mirrors and dont get a ticket...heh....i will add that i did put them on and i didnt break anything...they dont rattle or anything.....

Old 06-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

im still un shure about it on my White sixxer but on my dads black GT, ill show him what you did and see if he is interested. as for my rockers, i cant afford to do much more on my car. im saving up for the GT front bumper and ill get a quote on my rockers. im trying to get some money together to join Stangpede.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:28 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

1st off thats awesome to hear that you want to join stangpede.....back to the rockers: gt takeoff rockers can be had for 150 or less....you could probably switch them out....im sure is a how to or someone here who could provide you with detailed info and help...as for painting the mirrors...i would say you could have that done for 300 or less...you dont have to buy new mirrors...i just chose to....ask around....shop around...

my theory with the mirrors not being painted was that ford wanted to encourage people to customize their cars.....some might go the opposite color..nothing.. mirror covers (a few deisgns) etc.... i have always looked at a mustang as sort of an exotic vehicle regardless of price or engine size...an american exotic if you will....and when i look at exotics like lambos, ferarris, super audis, m3 , m5 , maserati...a lot of them have painted mirrors.....but i always say to each his own...it gives the car a classier look weather your overall theme for look is speed or not....but i will say i have seen some that contrast the rockers and mirrors....looks good too.....if i had any other color other than black i would have gone that route.....(the opposite color scheme on said parts if you will)
Old 06-24-2008, 03:44 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

the painted mirrors are subtle but they make the car look really good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: painted mirrors