Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Wood steering wheel inserts

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:53 PM
AguynamedJay

Default Wood steering wheel inserts

Hey All!

A few months back I saw an add on internet for wood inserts that cover the stainless steel "spokes" of the steering wheel. Looked like they wen't on with double sided tape...anybody have any idea who's got them for sale? I can't seem to find them again.

Thanks all and have a Great July 4th!!![sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 06-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Wood steering wheel inserts

Why would you want that?

I have seen the wood steering wheel itself but not the spokes.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:10 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

just my opinion, but wood belongs in your dad's Buick, Lincoln Towncar, Cadillac Deville......not a sports car like a Mustang
Old 06-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

What's kind of funny about your comment there, is that just the other day you were going off on people in a thread for saying something was a bad idea or didn't make sense. And here you are just a few days later saying just about the same thing. Good job standing by your convictions... oh yeah, and posting all your stock specs in your sig...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:40 PM
AguynamedJay

Uh...What some call ugly others call a Rembrandt. I have seen plenty of car "mods" here that are not my idea of a dream car. But giving my opinion on them is a waste of time sincethe owneris going to do what makes them happy andthey didn't ask to begin with...

To each his or her own.

So... the question still stands. Does anyone have any idea who manufactures them?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Might try here.... http://www.forddash.com/

Old 06-29-2008, 06:48 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: wilkinda

just my opinion, but wood belongs in your dad's Buick, Lincoln Towncar, Cadillac Deville......not a sports car like a Mustang

Uuuuh, have you seen a Shelby steering wheel from the 60s lately??
Old 06-30-2008, 02:14 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

first off, I DID NOT flame the O/P for wanting wood inserts.. I started the comment by stating it was MY OPINION>>>> anyone can put what they want on THEIR car. I simply stated it was my opinion. I did not bash him or go off about how stupid an idea that was as others in these post do, I simply stated it was my opinion......

Please go back and read my comments from the other post.. others were getting UGLY with comments because they did not like what someone else had done to their car. You do not see any name calling or degrading of the O/P here!!!

If your gonna call me out, at least be correct, I was not bashing nor making a negative comment directed at the O/P.

Whats wrong with stating my stock specs?I said it's stock 4 NOW... Oh, the AVIC-D3 is not stock by the way. but thank you for your comments
Old 06-30-2008, 02:30 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: pascal

ORIGINAL: wilkinda

Uuuuh, have you seen a Shelby steering wheel from the 60s lately??
Ipersonally have no love for the '60s Mustang interiors. I have this conversation with my neighbor who has a '65 and a '69. I personally do not like wood or chrome all over the car interior which is why I am not fond of the older Mustangs interiors. I like the brushed aluminum in my '05 but not too crazy about the chrome on the pod and around the air vents. I like the new body style but without the chrome. It's my taste and you will not EVER find a post where I have attacked or degraded an O/P or anyone else for their taste in what they do with their cars.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:11 PM
AguynamedJay

Boozshea...thank you. Ichecked the link but it's not what I was looking for. I am really regretting not saving the web site when I found it. Must be a senior moment.

And as to the "flaming" I'm notworried. Wilkinda ismore than free to venture an opinion here as far as I'm concerned. To each his own. As the famous civil liberterian Rodney King once said (before his 8th arrest...) "Can't we all just get along?"

[sm=partyparty.gif]

Quick Reply: Wood steering wheel inserts