Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New HID lamps from Retro-solutions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:27 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Default New HID lamps from Retro-solutions

I finally bit the bullet and got HIDs. I got the 4300k bi-xenonset because I really hate those blue lights and I was looking for better performance than the stock ones not worse.

Quality is top notch and I had them installed in less than an hour without any trouble.

It's a bit hard to capture light output with a piture but they are MUCH better than stock. They put out so much lght that even my PIAA driving lights can't compete and the PIAA are really powerful pencil-beam lamps. Now the PIAA look yellow next to the HID.

Here's the best I could do for pics. If anyone is thinking about getting HIDs definitely go for the 4300K ones, the higher the K number the less usable light they put out.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 PM
ixmotoxi

Default RE: New HID lamps from Retro-solutions

how long did it take for you to get your kit? I just put in an order and was just curious. thanks!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:46 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

I'd guess about 5 days or so. Left the invoice at the office so not sure which day I ordered.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Blazineagle
1st Gear Member

Looks like a major change. How much did they run?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:03 PM
ixmotoxi

I just got my set the other day and tried installing it yesterday but had some problem removing the headlights? How did you go about installing them? I've heard that the front bumper needed to be removed...i hope not. ANY advice/tips would be great. thanks.

oh yeah, did you end up drilling that hole in the back like the instructions said to?
Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

You don't have to remove anything if you are just doing the headlights and not the fog lights. Just unplug the connectors off of the back of each of your stock headlight and then unscrew the bulbs from the housing. The hid bulbs screw in where the stock ones were. The only reason to take off the bumper is to mount the balasts, but they should fit on the side of the headlight housing or wherever you can mount them. Just make sure to hook up the wires before you mount the balasts so you can be sure they reach. It should only take like an hour to install at most.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Phya
1st Gear Member

There should be absolutely no drilling.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 PM
ixmotoxi

thanks, i'll definitely give it another go after work.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:48 PM
ixmotoxi

Flash-

Where did you mount your ballasts/relay? Took a look inside and didnt seem like there was that much room.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:17 PM
retrosolutions2
Former Sponsor

We owe all parties here an explanation...

Due to consistent membership and forum function issues here with mustangforums.com we have no choice but to cancel our agreements with the owning party, Internet Brands Inc. For the pat few days, putting all other issues aside, our account has been banned without provocation, without merit, withour explanation, and all we have received is a "we'll look into it" with no response.

We feel very bad that we can no longer directly support a loyal and supporting community, but our hands are very much tied in the issue. We basically paid for a product/service that we never received.

If you require any assistance please contact us directly at sales@retro-solutions.com in the future

Quick Reply: New HID lamps from Retro-solutions