Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Tell me the Truth...exterior mod idea

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
I'm with you on that one! I just recently got a steal on some 18" black bullit wheels on craigslist, a nice upgrade from the stock 17s Ive been looking at the past couple of years. That minor change has really rekindle'd my admiration for the appearance of my car, so I say start with something small, you may be happy with just a couple of little changes. Oh yeah, you won't ever have a run-of-the-mill s197 with that whine coming from under your hood!

PS: heard you put on the 10 lb pulley....TRACK
Yeah 10psi pulley just went on, and I am going to try and hit VMP this week for a tune. The other day on the highway I downshifted to 4rth at 80mph and punched it and spun the tires, AT 80MPH . First time I have done that.

My last performance mods are an Alum D/S and some DR's.

I will try and hit the track after I get those. I dont power shift so I hope to get a high 11.

I will give OSW a try, but for the real run I might go see Moose at Gainesville.

After that I just want to enjoy the car. No more perf mods until I am ready to forge.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:42 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
Yeah 10psi pulley just went on, and I am going to try and hit VMP this week for a tune. The other day on the highway I downshifted to 4rth at 80mph and punched it and spun the tires, AT 80MPH . First time I have done that.

My last performance mods are an Alum D/S and some DR's.

I will try and hit the track after I get those. I dont power shift so I hope to get a high 11.

I will give OSW a try, but for the real run I might go see Moose at Gainesville.

After that I just want to enjoy the car. No more perf mods until I am ready to forge.
I really need to get out to Gainesville too. Maybe some time this winter we can take a cruise up there and get some good times. You may want to make a note about this wed at speedworld though, I was up at Jay's this weekend and he said he may be bringing out a fox body he has with a 383 and I think was an 81mm turbo that puts down 1430rwhp! Freaking beast!

I'd like my next performance mod to be forged internals, but I'll prob first do an ice box and probably some LCA relo brackets and UCA since that is what is left of the rear stock suspension, possibly the 12 lb pulley too...
Old 10-27-2008, 12:52 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

When you guys go to Gainesville, let me know. I just graduated from UF and I would love to go down the strip at the Gainesville track! Also, I ran a 13.690 at 100mph with a 2.030 60' this past Wednesday at Orlando Speed World. I'm getting better you have to admit!

Also, I need to see that fox body!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:06 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Chase - Forged Internals would be cool, but I cant see tearing into a perfectly good long block to do it. I figure when the engine needs rebuilt, a 298 stroker will be in order, but not before then.

I did LCA's and UCA, and IMO I dont think an UCA is necessary. I did it because I figure I might as well but it really isnt necessary. I did like the adjustable panhard bar. The car tracks nice and straight.

I think a 12psi pulley would be a good thing since I have seen a bunch of people running them lately, with no issues. I will be happy with 10psi since my car is a DD and I would rather be cautious.

I have seen Jay's drag car a bunch of times. It is really nice. He was ragging on me to go to the track, but I have been trying to avoid it. I dont want to become a track addict again, as all you can think about is more power. I dont want to start hurting the reliability of my car.

Jasper - I wont be heading to the track until I get some better rubber which will probably be sometime the beginning of next year. If I remember I will certainly contact you.

I wish someone would plan another Central FL mustangforums meet. I would but I dont have the time, and what I do have I like to sit and do nothing.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:10 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

I'm hoping to go out to the OSW this wed, especially if Jay brings that fox out there, but knowing him, he works like crazy at his shop and might not make it. Speaking of him working, my car is up there now, I think I may have broken the pressure plate in my new clutch. Hopefully that will get fixed before wed so I can go up, the weather is going to be awesome for the track.

Nice times Andrew, its all about seat time!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:27 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

You've been having a hell of a time with those Spec clutches huh?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:33 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Time to dump that spec and get a RST. in the long run you will be happier.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:37 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

The spec 2+ has been dumped, we put in a competition stage 4 clutch, which Jay uses in alot of other cars and his own (Jay put this in for free since spec tried to put the blame on him for how much that clutch sucked). The clutch feels great, obviously more pedal pressure, but nothing too drastic. Seems to shift pretty well and has a nice high engagement/disengagement point. I didn't end up breaking the pressure plate, the throw out bearing broke instead. Still trying to figure out why since the TOB is only about a month and half old. Hopefully I'll get a new one in today.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I wish someone would make a good TOB for our cars.

The Mcloed and Ram aftermarket ones seem like more trouble then they are worth and the stocker is a marginal solution in my opinion.

If someone ever make a super reliable aftermarket TOB/Slave I will change mine out. Until then my fingers are crossed the stocker stays together.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

yeah, we really don't have a great TOB solution, the stocker seams to be the best thing we have going.

tomorrow's track update: CLOSED! forgot about the world street nationals this weekend, I guess they start getting everything together and start preping the track tomorrow. So unfortunate, as the weather is freaking awesome right now.

edit: If there is ever a time to go to Orlando Speedworld, it will be next wed. Last year, the first test n tune after the world Streets was ridiculous. The track was unbelievably sticky from the event!! And hopefully we will have some nice cold weather.

Last edited by AmericanSpeed; 10-28-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Tell me the Truth...exterior mod idea