Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Front Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

Default Front Turn Signals

Hey,

Does anyone have these on a blue Mustang?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-t...hts-black.html

Thanks,

Dustin
Attached Thumbnails Front Turn Signals-mustangtuning_2031_30071133.jpg  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:03 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Dont have em yet but will be getting them this christmas to continue the blue and black theme. Some people have the clears with the blue but im sure the blacks will look better. I say do it up!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:23 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Additionally, the member "ruski0suka3" here, has a vista stang with either tinted lamps or the ones from american muscle, I cant tell, but check his profile for pics in the album. Either way I think it looks good.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 AM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Mine are pretty much like that except mine has a small reflector on the side.

Rick

Old 12-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

You know what that car isn't terrible^ nice two tone job. it's confidently and non-garishly done.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

I think I'm going to go ahead and try them. If I don't like 'em, I can always return them!

Dustin
Old 12-08-2008, 05:00 PM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by drfister
Dont have em yet but will be getting them this christmas to continue the blue and black theme. Some people have the clears with the blue but im sure the blacks will look better. I say do it up!
They're on sale right now at American Muscle for 69.99. I just bought a pair! I'll post some pics once they're installed.

Dustin
Old 12-08-2008, 05:28 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Do it up. Im excited to see pics...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
ruski0suka3
1st Gear Member

I have seen them. If you are going to go with those turn signals, you need to get xenon bulbs. Also, inorder to install them, you need to take off the front bumper. I would just recommend blacking them out like mine.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:38 PM
ILikeBond
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ruski0suka3
I have seen them. If you are going to go with those turn signals, you need to get xenon bulbs. Also, inorder to install them, you need to take off the front bumper. I would just recommend blacking them out like mine.
You don't need to remove the bumper to install. I just installed a pair (of the clear/chrome, not dark, but same difference) on my redfire last night.

There's an ok write-up of the install process here - http://stangmods.blogspot.com/2008/0...tang-turn.html

A few tips from my experience that differs, though -

1. Jack the car up and remove the wheel on the side you're working on, rather than trying to do this with the wheels turned all the way - there's just not enough room to work well if the wheel is still on). This will make it far easier to remove the wheel liner, which you must do to access the clips holding the stock signal on (I tried first by getting at it underneath with the car on ramps, but the wheel liner blocked the signal - it does have to be removed; there are 3 screws holding it to the front bumper and a plastic screw holding it to the frame higher up. After that, use a small crowbar or something similar to lever the liner out from behind the body).

2. Use needle nose pliers to pinch the clips. It helps to also use a small crowbar or similar tool to get under the plastic where the pinch clips are and wedge it up as you pinch the clips - this is easier and more effective than reaching around the front and pushing.

3. Pretty self-explanatory after that, but one final tip: when you're putting the new signal in, on the inside edge (nearest the grille), there's a tab that goes into a slot. The tab is curved. In order to get the tab in correctly, to push the signal far enough that the holes find the pinch clips, you have to go in at a pretty steep angle, which requires pushing the wheel liner out pretty far.

The whole thing involves a bit of wrestling, but its relatively easy. For me, the first one took about an hour and the second one took about 20 minutes.

Quick Reply: Front Turn Signals