MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section-122/)
-   -   Cup holder alternate location? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section/503058-cup-holder-alternate-location.html)

Shadow7874 12-09-2008 08:36 AM

Cup holder alternate location?

Anyone have a better way of holding cups? Lol, a funny question but my arm always hits my drink while shifting and it messes me up a bit especially if its a large cup. I was thinking about making one that hooks under the shift boot and hangs on the passenger side that can be removed easily or maybe even folded up but i doubt i could make a folding one with the tools i have access to. Anyone seen similar or know if someone sells this?

KLO 12-09-2008 09:35 AM

I've seen it done I jsut don't remember which forum it was on. This dude was in college and had access to rapid prototyping machines and made what you're describing. He made it big enough to hold a water bottle, or a magazine lol. He was charging out the arse for them though.

howarmat 12-09-2008 09:39 AM

have you tried the back cupholder without the insert...i have never had any problem when drinks are there?

Nuke 12-09-2008 10:24 AM

+1 on removing the false bottom from the rear cupholder. It's in the Owners Manual.

Cuzzo 12-09-2008 10:54 AM

http://i33.tinypic.com/2uf7yj6.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/16hstt.jpg

SC55509 12-09-2008 10:58 AM

Yea I have that problem too, and wish I could find something like that.

Cuzzo 12-09-2008 09:33 PM

I charge $199.99 for them. They come with the flat black finish to match the interior and look factory made. They're fully customizable.

Last time I posted them people felt it was awfully high, but thats my price. If you want to deck your mustang out with some $2 addon from Kmart be my guest. The next time someone gets in your stang, make sure that the first thing you tell them is that you decided to jip the american legend, with some cheap piece of **** made in china.

And please don't comment on removing the false bottom, you sound more retarded than a deaf kid playin musical chairs.

howarmat 12-09-2008 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cuzzo (Post 5734263)
I charge $199.99 for them. They come with the flat black finish to match the interior and look factory made. They're fully customizable.

Last time I posted them people felt it was awfully high, but thats my price. If you want to deck your mustang out with some $2 addon from Kmart be my guest. The next time someone gets in your stang, make sure that the first thing you tell them is that you decided to jip the american legend, with some cheap piece of **** made in china.

And please don't comment on removing the false bottom, you sound more retarded than a deaf kid playin musical chairs.

Retarded now are we....what is funny is that there have been threads on here about people discovering this, they have had the car for over a year or whatever and discover it. I wanted to make sure the OP was aware of it for that reason. Sorry if i am retarded for using something that works for most peoples needs and was free instead of paying $200 for something that cant even hold a cup of coffee without it spilling all over the car.

Nuke 12-09-2008 09:58 PM

Sorry, Cuzzo, but you lost it with that last comment. Feel free to black list me from your ledger, not that I'd consider buying that as cool as it would be for a 2nd water bottle, maybe. I'll just continue being retarded with the false bottom removed. And sorry if that takes a bite out of your sales...

Cuzzo 12-09-2008 11:01 PM

Not that I want to engage in an argument with a moderator, but whatever I'll hold my ground.

First off I just want to clarify that you've actually tried to remove the fake lid. If you haven't, please go take 2 mins out of your life and take a test drive with a bottle or cup in there w/o the fake bottom and let me know how it goes (instead of plagiarizing what you've read). The OP clearly states that he's interested in something that will hold an especially "LARGE CUP" specifficaly on the PASSENGER side.

With that being said, why would you just assume that the side holster I designed wasn't fully capable of holding something as simple as a cup of coffee? Did you overlook the "FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE" part of my reply???

I am fully capable of designing and engineering custom parts for any S197 Mustang. I pride myself in working directly with my clients and their needs/ wants. I could make it hold a giraffe if you wanted.

Again HOWARMAT no disrespect, track my OP and see where I'm coming from.

Cuzzo

ps Rickrolled, you don't make or break me son. I do legitimate work and don't need you to tell me I loss your business nub. Take your business and contacts and put them in your ass.

Francisco Biancuzzo
FBiancuzzo@aol.com
954-560-0490