Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Pics of Roush & CDC Side louvers on Black GT/CS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

Both louvers look nice. I am considering which of 3 to buy myself.

I prefer the looks of the CDCs but they are not removable for washing purposes so I think I would go with the Roush ones. Do the CDC (and all non-removable) ones have issues with dirt buildup over time?

Also, Street Scenes makes a Gen 4 louver that only sticks to the glass and not the paint and is removable like the Roush. 2 pluses in my book. They look like the Gen 1 ones. And they can be had for only $89 on sale now. I am considering these based on financial aspects obviously... Anyone have pics of the Gen 4s and info as to their quality and fit?

CDCs - Pro: looks hottest Con: not removable, some I've seen looks like the back corners do not sit tight against the body and that looks bad to me

Roush - Pro: looks hotter, removable for cleaning Con: shows 3 screw heads. Looks like the screws don't show as much if your ride is black. Anyone comment on visibility out the passenger side window with these?

SS Gen 4 - Pro: looks hot, can be had for half the price, only sticks to the glass Con: not as hot lookin, unknown quality??? Anyone got pics and thoughts about these?

Con about all of them: cost to paint them effectively doubles the price

Has anyone bought the factory matched urethane paint in a spray can and clear coat and painted louvers with that? Was wondering how well that would look compared with pro. paint job. Was thinking that maybe on such a small area it would look ok? Anyone done this?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:41 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

CDC for the win!!!

here a a few pics of mine.

here's one from the side, fresh after install

pic from the front corner view

pic from the rear (before i blacked the lights out) i posted this because i dont see what you mean when you said it looks like they are coming off.

from the inside - it's not too bad when driving.

and i havent noticed any "build-up" inside after washes or lack of washes lol.

Last edited by One Bad Stang; 01-25-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

LMC... I did not see that issue with yours. Yours look great! I've seen no better lookin louvers and I m envious cause I don't have any on my 2007 pony at all.

I have seen pics of other stangs with the CDCs where the back corners look like they are not flush against the body and thought maybe it was an issue thats all I meant.

I also like the total look of your stang (wheels would complete it) - if I were a pedestrian I would be very afraid seein you comin... lol

Thanks for the extra pics btw - glad to see the inside lookin out view. you got one lookin out the passenger side from the drivers seat you could post? It would be really helpful to me.

and could you let me know your input on the following iydm:

1. what do you think about cleaning issues of the window with the CDCs- a pia or not?

2. what about if you decide you don't want em at a later date - would the tape come off without messin up the paint?

3. how much did it cost to get them painted? I have a body guy said he'd spray em for free but that the paint would be $160 (qt of vista blue urethane + clear coat)

any input on the above would be appreciated - thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vulcan420
LMC... I did not see that issue with yours. Yours look great! I've seen no better lookin louvers and I m envious cause I don't have any on my 2007 pony at all.

I have seen pics of other stangs with the CDCs where the back corners look like they are not flush against the body and thought maybe it was an issue thats all I meant.

I also like the total look of your stang (wheels would complete it) - if I were a pedestrian I would be very afraid seein you comin... lol

Thanks for the extra pics btw - glad to see the inside lookin out view. you got one lookin out the passenger side from the drivers seat you could post? It would be really helpful to me.

and could you let me know your input on the following iydm:

1. what do you think about cleaning issues of the window with the CDCs- a pia or not?

2. what about if you decide you don't want em at a later date - would the tape come off without messin up the paint?

3. how much did it cost to get them painted? I have a body guy said he'd spray em for free but that the paint would be $160 (qt of vista blue urethane + clear coat)

any input on the above would be appreciated - thanks

sure... here's the pic from the drivers seat looking out the passenger's side, its not at the true "head position, but it's close enough to get the idea.

and here's the info you wanted -

1) just one word for you my friend, Mr. Clean AutoDry!!! it works great. just hose 'em off (not hard, but just kind of get a little in there) with the non filtered water, soap it up, rinse, and then rinse again with the filtered water, again getting some inside the louvers, and your golden!

2)it's just 3m double sided tape. it has a very stron bond, but i dont think its strong enough to damage the paint. just find leo06gt and ask him, i got them from him used.

3)as far as paint, like i mentioned before in answer #2, i got 'em used from leo06gt so they were allready painted. but that price sounds a little steep for just materials. - and if your having them painted make sure they black out the backs of them so it doesnt look like crap from the inside.

hope that helps.

-Tony

Last edited by One Bad Stang; 01-26-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

Tony that was a great help.

Thanks for the excellent response with the pic and specific answers to my questions - you could not have done better and I truly appreciate it.

BTW I am waiting on a set of Agent 47 mirrors from SouthernMustangParts right now and will get the louvers next.