Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Something for all of ya to look forward to! (Kinda)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Something for all of ya to look forward to! (Kinda)

Just wanted to let you guys know I went and got myself some Dupli-Color Cherry Red and Semi Gloss Black as well as Adehsion promoter for them and that I will be painting the Steering wheel spokes Red along with most of the Chrome in the car including the AC Vent's and the inside part will be painted Black. I think I am going to paint the inside handles as well but I am not sure how I would rmove them for paint.. and also if I would do them in Black or Red... but anyway just something for you guys to look forward to seeing if you were interested. The plan is to basically just wash the stuff really well in Palmolive Dish Soap make sure all the soap is off and there dry and then i am gonna go for it I have faith it will come out well I will only be doing 1 of the AC things tonight just to make sure it does come out nice before I go destroying my interior Ill post pics for opinions before I do the rest also but anyway wish me luck. Any tips or hint would be awesome too and pics if you have done it before would be the best.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:14 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Cant wait to see the results!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:49 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a good idea!!
Just dont screw it up!! lol jk
I was also thinking of painting the thin black line on the GT emblems white to match my car!! Maybe that will be my next thread on how to do that!!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Hmm that sounds really cool but when you think about it the contrast would not be there so much seeing as it will be on the white car..... but who knows.. see if someone can Photoshop that for you shouldn't be too hard. I was thinking of painting my GT Emblems full on black but I heard they are a HUGE pain to get back on properly...
Old 01-23-2009, 02:59 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Hmm that sounds really cool but when you think about it the contrast would not be there so much seeing as it will be on the white car..... but who knows.. see if someone can Photoshop that for you shouldn't be too hard. I was thinking of painting my GT Emblems full on black but I heard they are a HUGE pain to get back on properly...

I think the all black emblems would look good on your car if you go with the red/black look on the whole car including some nice black rims!!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

they sell painted wheels on ebay now i seen it last night looks swweet man http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...Q5fAccessories

they dont have candy apple red which i want

Last edited by deekum1627; 01-23-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:31 PM
fullboogie
2nd Gear Member

I wonder how well that paint is going to stick to the A/C vent trim rings. You may need to scuff them out first. Post up pics when you are done.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Actually I already have had MRR GT-1's on order I should have them on by sometimes in the next 3 weeks. Its gonna be awesome. As for scuffing the vents I probably will vey lightly but the paint adhesion promoter stuff looks like it will do it's job. The hard part will be masking off the actual slats for when i paint the chrome part and then vice versa but I think I can fit some Flashcards snugly in between the chrome and the slats that will make it alot easier if it works. But I will let you all know I have a good feeling about this though =). I think the steering wheel spokes will look freaking HOT =).
Old 01-23-2009, 07:04 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
they sell painted wheels on ebay now i seen it last night looks swweet man http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...Q5fAccessories
Thanks for the link! I've been thinking about buying a new painted wheel.

They're just kind of a waste of money, could put that money towards something else.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

look forward to seeing some pictures when it's all complete

Quick Reply: Something for all of ya to look forward to! (Kinda)