Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Rear Splash Guards *WITH PICS*

Old 01-25-2009, 03:11 PM
07heat
2nd Gear Member

Too big IMO...I went with the GT500 ones too but they really don't do anything cause they're so small. But if you like them that is all that matters.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:12 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

oh ok, im from mercer county..
Old 01-25-2009, 03:15 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Finally someone posts some pics of these! I've been wanting to see!! How well do they work because I'm thinking about just getting some to put on for the winter time because my car really spits up the snow/slush. I washed it a week or so ago and about 3 hours after I washed it-it was no different from before I washed it!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:28 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grampa_stang
I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think they belong on a muscle car. When I bought my GT, it came with the mud-flaps. While it does protect the 1/4 panels...they just didn't look right to me. Looks like I need a new sig pic, you can see the mud flaps.
Funny as I think they actually look better with the red lol. Rims look great btw

Originally Posted by 07heat
Too big IMO...I went with the GT500 ones too but they really don't do anything cause they're so small. But if you like them that is all that matters.
Yea I like the GT500 one's with the small profile but I didnt get them for the look, I got them for fender insurance against burnouts! 4.10 + worn 235's= spinmania. My real concern is that they just don't take away too much from the look of the car.....so far I like them.

Originally Posted by maxshuty
Finally someone posts some pics of these! I've been wanting to see!! How well do they work because I'm thinking about just getting some to put on for the winter time because my car really spits up the snow/slush. I washed it a week or so ago and about 3 hours after I washed it-it was no different from before I washed it!
I needed some pics too haha. That's why I took plenty. I hear ya with the salt, mud and snow kicking up. My car was THE nastiest this past week it's ever been after doing a burnout up a snowy hill. It sealed the deal on my needing them. While I haven't tested them yet, by the pictures you can see it covers the whole area. There is no way dirt can kick up past them. Yea they stick out further than preferable but it's a trade-off, one I made and am so far happy with
Old 01-25-2009, 03:47 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

I got my rear splash guards / mud flaps from http://www.jaegerbrothersauto.com/

I like them a lot. Their profile is bigger than the GT500's but smaller than the standard Ford ones like the OP has. I like them a lot.

Here is mine....

Last edited by red07Pony; 01-25-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:12 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

I've been thinking about doing this after the weather warms up and I install my new take off front/rear bumpers.

The roads where I live are terrible, I'm always hearing stones flying in/out of my wheel wheel wells.

Last edited by suttanstyle; 01-25-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:20 PM
INTRUDER
1st Gear Member

I used just the regular one size fits all- FLAT- 2 to a pack AutoZone mud flaps.
They mold exactly to the wheel well and you use the factory hole to install them. Here is a pic of the back of my car...you can just barely see them...t They work great and are less obvious than the factory ones just about 3/8" thick not over 1/2 ' like the factory flaps.
Best of all about $14.95 a pair

http://picasaweb.google.com/dinerguy...66974196424706

PS click on view all see a few more pics of my ride...
Old 01-25-2009, 05:36 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

OP Where did you get yours?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:47 PM
bossdriver
1st Gear Member

I bought mine from Mustangs Unlimited. They just clip on and aren't permanent in any way. I only use them when I'm taking an extended trip. My Pony is not a DD and I don't like the looks of mud flaps but I like paint chips even less. I believe these cost about $35-40 and I highly recommend them for anyone who wants/needs them.

Sorry picture isn't better but it is the only one I could find that shows them.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Splash Guards *WITH PICS*-img_1425.jpg  
Old 01-25-2009, 06:25 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grampa_stang
I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think they belong on a muscle car. When I bought my GT, it came with the mud-flaps. While it does protect the 1/4 panels...they just didn't look right to me. Looks like I need a new sig pic, you can see the mud flaps.
The first thing I wanted to do when I bought my cars was put on mud flaps them, and it wasn't for looks. I listened to everybody who said they don't belong on this type of car. I've been regretting it ever since. Between the road construction, oil with small gravel put down on the asphalt roads for maintenance , snow, salt, gravel for traction, etc. my rear quarter panel is getting destroyed. I think they look good on the OP's car and would look even better on my vapor colored car. Yeah, the car would look better without, but it still looks good with them....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Splash Guards *WITH PICS*