Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

What do you pay to have your car detailed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM
retro_pony
2nd Gear Member

Default What do you pay to have your car detailed?

Ok, some of us are more **** about our car than others. Some clean it themselves, so have it done, some do both. What do you pay to have your car detailed, and what all is included for that price?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I no sooner pay to have it detailed than I'd take it thru an automatic car wash.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:48 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I used to work at a car "detailer". It was horrible, the things the boss actually trained the people to do to the cars. Needless to say, I quit pretty fast. That was my first and last detailing experience, I dont care how reputable the place is. If you are seriously thinking of leaving your car in the hands of others be sure you know EXACTLY what goes on. You'd be suprised at some of the stuff they do. I donno if this apply to all detail shops but consiter yourself warned.

Honestly, find a coin-op wash center if you live in an appartment or dont have a driveway.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:01 AM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

...However, if your still adamant about going to a detailer, you'll find prices vary. A lot of places have different packages, which cater to different needs, basic-full blown. It all depends what you want, a basic interior clean, or swill removal or ciggerette burn holes fixed. Really, call around or better yet VISIT the shop to see first hand and inquire about whats offered. Look to spend anywhere from $70 (basic wash, wax, etc) to $200 (everything). Really though thats only an estimate, your best bet is to call and see for yourself whats best. GOOD LUCK
Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

It's closer to 300 around here, I'm just learning to do it myself it's not worth spending that kind of money when I could spend a day or two working on the car and feel really good about it.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:26 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

i've never had my car washed by other hands than my own.

the cost of supplies. i do all the work myself. people say it's so good, they swear by me. and if i have the time, they come to my house to get it done. jack the car up and take the wheels off and clean them. degrease the engine, hose it down. even underbody wash.

the whole process takes about 3-5 hours, but i can't imagine spending it any other way.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I do all the work myself, but having a friend that's a detailer (that has basically the same color car) definitely helps when I want to know what products will work best, or give it the best look
Old 02-07-2009, 08:26 AM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

Cost me about $200. That included:
-Wash
-Buffing
-Wax
-Wheel polishing
-tire dressing
-Shampoo interior carpets
-Leather/vinyl protection for seats
-Clean interior plastic/moldings

It turned out very well. They did a really good job reducing the appearance of swirl marks.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

about 8 dollars. i do it all myself, but that includes the wash at a car wash (by hand, not going through the automatic washer), and all the other detailing stuff (i.e. wax, tire shine, and all the lovely zaino products i use )
Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

What do you guys recommend for the cloth seats. Mine have white stains (lol, not what your thinking) on the front two seats. I was thinking try cleaning them, or if it wont work get a rag and get a little black rit dye, but i think the little ponies on the seat might be a lighter color?

Quick Reply: What do you pay to have your car detailed?