Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Scott Drake Filler Caps....Ton O Pics....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:12 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default Scott Drake Filler Caps....Ton O Pics....

OK , so having done squat lately on the Bullitt, I decided I better get busy again....Karen really likes these fill caps, as do I. Let me say, that I am not a huge fan of Scott Drake products. That said, I do like the looks of these, and will have to see if they hold up to underhood temps....

Just so everyone is aware, these are called replacement caps. However, with the full set, two of the caps, being the Brake Resevoir Cap, and the Radiator Fill Cap, are actually covers, and not replacements. However, they fit great, and are supplied with both 3M tape, as well as two allen screws on these two. I did not opt for using the 3M, but went with just the allen screws. I think they will be just fine...

The only problem with doing these types of underhood mods, is that it just reminds me again how ****ed off I am at Ford for what they did with the Cam Covers... Those will have to be the next item, no doubt....

Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
retro_pony
2nd Gear Member

Great before and afters! I like mine too. Still debating on whether to silicone the radiator cap on or not. Had some fitment issues with the dipstick handle.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:54 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

looks good Mike. Why not mgw?

btw, you need some radiator cover extensions
Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 AM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i dig it...i have the drake shelby ones and i love them...pricey but worth it...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
looks good Mike. Why not mgw?

btw, you need some radiator cover extensions

Thanks Guys....

Nate, yeah I wish George over at MGW would make the matching caps to go with the ones he has. I would be all over those in a heartbeat....but alas, only the oil fill, radiator, and dipstick are currently available....still waiting though, plenty of room for those on the 05!!

Oh, and plus one on the rad. extensions. They are a bit more of a challenge with the Bullitt CAI, but do-able.....I am watching out for em.....

Mike
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

yeah i hear ya. i'm about to bite the bullet and buy the rad cap and oil cap from mgw. i know you are smart enough to make those extensions work
Old 03-02-2009, 04:05 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by retro_pony
Great before and afters! I like mine too. Still debating on whether to silicone the radiator cap on or not. Had some fitment issues with the dipstick handle.
Depending on when you bought the dipstick handle you may need a smaller rubber gasket with it. I bought mine (Scott Drake) last year and the dipstick handle would not go into the filler tube. Called them up and they said it was a known issue. Sent me a new thinner gasket (free)and problem solved. Fits like a glove now. Not sure if that was your fitment issue or not, but just thought I'd put the info out there.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
retro_pony
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 300GT
Depending on when you bought the dipstick handle you may need a smaller rubber gasket with it. I bought mine (Scott Drake) last year and the dipstick handle would not go into the filler tube. Called them up and they said it was a known issue. Sent me a new thinner gasket (free)and problem solved. Fits like a glove now. Not sure if that was your fitment issue or not, but just thought I'd put the info out there.
Sounds like exactly the problem I had! I'll have to give them a call, maybe I can use it after all!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:25 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Cool, a 710 cap AND 710 dip-stick.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Looks great Mike!

Quick Reply: Scott Drake Filler Caps....Ton O Pics....