Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Searched with no avail - Agent 47 mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

Default Searched with no avail - Agent 47 mirrors

Who is painting just the cups (suppliers)...is there a supplier that will do this, as I don't trust any body shops or dealerships in the Houston area (bad previous experience), plus vapor silver color is hard to find unless you go to ford...I had them (ford) paint a contour mirror for me...they put one coat on, no clear, which chipped in a week (my father picked it up...I did not get a chance to inspect) and looked like I blew it up two weeks later though (turbo + contour V6 = no)? It is worth the money to me to have it done right...any suggestions?
Old 03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
retro_pony
2nd Gear Member

I believe if you order them painted from Sliver Horse Racing, the offer them painted as well - you can ask Marcello if he's do the special paint job (cups only) as I know he has done this for other requests. Might run a few more $$$ but worth it if that's what you are looking for.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:49 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

Talk to RPI desings there painting is TOP NOTCH and up there with the BEST in customer service !!! See if they can do a special order for you ..??
Old 03-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

I would try checking on the pricing with RPI first. Whoever you have paint them, make sure you tell them you want urethane base coat + clear coat. Sounds like your ford dealer used enamel.

If you decide to go with RPI doing the painting then right now you can get the Agent47s at CJ Pony Parts for only $187 with free shipping on Wednesdays.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 PM
wesbo
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vulcan420
If you decide to go with RPI doing the painting then right now you can get the Agent47s at CJ Pony Parts for only $187 with free shipping on Wednesdays.
Where did you see that price? It is showing $209.95 for me. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:57 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

That's a cheap price

I have them unpainted for $219 shipped.

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ors-p-308.html

Ken
Old 03-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

RE: CJ Pony Parts Agent47 price: I bought something from them last week (mar 18). At that time the a47s were on sale for $187. I see they are back up to $209 now. Your timing is less than spectacular - sorry. You could try emailing them to say you just missed their sale and would like to know if they are expected to go back on sale any time soon. Their shipping is high so if you do order from them make sure to do it on free shipping wednesday.

I got my a47s from SouthernMustangParts a month or so ago at $219 + free shipping and they had really good customer service.

Everyone I know who sees the mirrors likes em a lot better than the stock ones the car came with. No more "Obama" ears for my GT now, wooohooo!

I will say my GF doesn't like the mirrors cause they are considerably smaller and do take a little gettin used to after having those big panoramic widescreen stock ones.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:36 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vulcan420
RE: CJ Pony Parts Agent47 price: I bought something from them last week (mar 18). At that time the a47s were on sale for $187. I see they are back up to $209 now. Your timing is less than spectacular - sorry. You could try emailing them to say you just missed their sale and would like to know if they are expected to go back on sale any time soon. Their shipping is high so if you do order from them make sure to do it on free shipping wednesday.

I got my a47s from SouthernMustangParts a month or so ago at $219 + free shipping and they had really good customer service.

Everyone I know who sees the mirrors likes em a lot better than the stock ones the car came with. No more "Obama" ears for my GT now, wooohooo!

I will say my GF doesn't like the mirrors cause they are considerably smaller and do take a little gettin used to after having those big panoramic widescreen stock ones.
How is the visibility compared to stock? No lie, I like the uber panoramic view I get with the stockers because idiots LOVE to ride in my blind spots...
Old 03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Originally Posted by East87
How is the visibility compared to stock? No lie, I like the uber panoramic view I get with the stockers because idiots LOVE to ride in my blind spots...

heres the views from the drivers seat

honestly, they have just as much usable space as the stockers

then again, your side louvers dont help any
Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Yea not too shabby... hmmm

Thanks for the pics, Joo!

Quick Reply: Searched with no avail - Agent 47 mirrors