Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New Cowl Hood Baby!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 AM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

AHHHH Work sensors! I bet it looks sick man. Congrats
Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Looks good Jasper! I had ordered the same hood from them around the same time if you recall. I gave up on them however when I called 2 days from the supposed delivery date to find out the hood hadn't even been painted yet, and it would be another 3 weeks before I got it. It actually took them another few weeks and 3 phone calls to get my $900 back. I was very unimpressed with that and will never buy anything from them. The guy kept lying to me saying the refund was "done a few days ago". I finally told them I was going to dispute the charge with Mastercard and magically 48 hours later there was the credit.

Anyhow, originally I was swaying back and forth between a CF cowl and this one, so I just went with "plan A" and got the CF for $700 shipped. I'm very happy with it, but I'm sure I would have been happy with the Cervini's piece too.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
Looks good Jasper! I had ordered the same hood from them around the same time if you recall. I gave up on them however when I called 2 days from the supposed delivery date to find out the hood hadn't even been painted yet, and it would be another 3 weeks before I got it. It actually took them another few weeks and 3 phone calls to get my $900 back. I was very unimpressed with that and will never buy anything from them. The guy kept lying to me saying the refund was "done a few days ago". I finally told them I was going to dispute the charge with Mastercard and magically 48 hours later there was the credit.

Anyhow, originally I was swaying back and forth between a CF cowl and this one, so I just went with "plan A" and got the CF for $700 shipped. I'm very happy with it, but I'm sure I would have been happy with the Cervini's piece too.
Yeah, I remember that you were gonna get the same hood. Stinks that they screwed you over like that. It took a bit of pestering to get them to deliver mine. They pulled the 'out of packing material' gig twice on me, but they gave me a definite ship date that I was comfortable with. It was worth the wait. It fits perfect out of the box and the paint is great. Now I just have to get a giant blower to stick under it!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah they seem to make a nice product, but the customer service was shady at best (for me anyway). I've noticed with the open cowl that my underhood ambient temps went from 30-80 degrees above outside temps, to staying within 5 degrees of outside. Sweet. It dropped my IATs by about 10-15 degrees too.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

everytime i see a cowl hood it makes me want to go out and buy one for myself! love the aggressive look of a cowl. maybe i'll pick one up just to have two hoods just in time for car show season... hhhmmmm......

if anyone is interested in getting a cowl, mike at cruizin concepts has great deals on cowls. a guy from another forum just bought a fiberglass cowl for DIRT CHEAP and the carbon fiber piece he got quoted was dirt cheap as well. he ended up going with the fiberglass piece since it came out to 444 shipped to his house (unpainted). i'll be sure to post a pic of two once he gets it in. anyone else interested give mike a call and tell you heard it from me
Old 04-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

Dude you can't beat the look of the cowl hoods man! Looks so mean!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:36 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

looks awsome
Old 04-16-2009, 01:53 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Looks great. I jusrt wish I had your show with my go

Looks like we are working from opposite sides of the spectrum, we can meet in the middle.

Have to love a SS stang.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
Looks great. I jusrt wish I had your show with my go

Looks like we are working from opposite sides of the spectrum, we can meet in the middle.

Have to love a SS stang.
I wish I had your go for my show!

I think the exterior is done, so I'll be working on the go part from now on!

And yes, satin silvers ROCK!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

looks nice dude, i was sorta debating getting a cowl hood as well, and keep both my hoods, but idk.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Cowl Hood Baby!