Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Trufiber Venom Water through Heat extractor

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:01 PM
TheNJDevil
1st Gear Member

- Now I sort of feel bad, I didn't mean to derail the thread from the OP's original question.

- 05Mustang, nmd55, Cutter, I'm here to learn and the more advice and experience you guys have to offer, the better . . . I'm all ears The hole my guy is proposing in that first vent would be tiny, pin hole sized. But I am having second thoughts . . .
Old 04-24-2009, 05:52 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheNJDevil
- Now I sort of feel bad, I didn't mean to derail the thread from the OP's original question.

- 05Mustang, nmd55, Cutter, I'm here to learn and the more advice and experience you guys have to offer, the better . . . I'm all ears The hole my guy is proposing in that first vent would be tiny, pin hole sized. But I am having second thoughts . . .
Don't feel bad about anything, we're just trying to make sure you don't do something you'll regret later.

I speak for all of us here when I say, do not drill a hole in the hood...I don't care if it's 1/16" or 1/2", you will regret it.

Last edited by 05 Mustang; 04-24-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
bill0754

Default No Water issues

I have had the Trufiber hood now for about 3 months. Yes, a little water does collect in the 1st vent, but as others say, it blows out while driving, or you can just wipe it.

As for water coming through the vents, I have been through some heavy rain storms, and I have had no issues. I figure the engine gets hit with water underneath during the rain, and through the grilles, so a little more on top can't hurt!!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:12 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

I'm gonna be the bearer of bad news. These hoods let water into the engine bay, and that water collects in the recesses in your valve covers that contain your coil-on-plugs. Getting the rubber COP boots wet is a bad thing, because if they're cracked or waterlogged, the spark going through the coil inside will arc to the head instead of fully going to the spark plug. I have seen this on the dyno with my car, then removed the rubber boots and... you guessed it, the tops of the spark plugs were all rusty.

And letting water get up inside the COP is an even worse thing, for obvious reasons.

So while a small amount of water might not be a big deal RIGHT AWAY, eventually, it'll give you problems.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigray327
I'm gonna be the bearer of bad news. These hoods let water into the engine bay, and that water collects in the recesses in your valve covers that contain your coil-on-plugs. Getting the rubber COP boots wet is a bad thing, because if they're cracked or waterlogged, the spark going through the coil inside will arc to the head instead of fully going to the spark plug. I have seen this on the dyno with my car, then removed the rubber boots and... you guessed it, the tops of the spark plugs were all rusty.

And letting water get up inside the COP is an even worse thing, for obvious reasons.

So while a small amount of water might not be a big deal RIGHT AWAY, eventually, it'll give you problems.

Well I've had this hood on my car for over a year and I don't have that problem or any other for that matter. The water coming threw the vents does not fall on that area of the engine in falls between the fender and the engine not on the cops or plugs.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Well I've had this hood on my car for over a year and I don't have that problem or any other for that matter. The water coming threw the vents does not fall on that area of the engine in falls between the fender and the engine not on the cops or plugs.
That's what I thought until yesterday. Hear me now, believe me later.