Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
View Poll Results: Which wheels??
CS69 in hyper-black
50.00%
Magnum 500s
10.00%
CS69 in black
30.00%
Other??
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Wheel Options - Need some input!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 12:14 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
Thanks for all the input... think I am really leaning towards option 1 (hyper-black) which has been my favorite all along, but they would be in 18s. And with my stockers pretty much sold and going home with my brother next weekend for the final exchange with the buyer, I either need to get some ordered or look at my car on jack stands

Jeez someone is lucky to buy your rims.

Glad to see you're leaning towards #1 Definitely my Favorite. Anything smaller than 18's for that is too small, anything bigger is just too big for MY liking.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I like Option #3 best
Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Part of my delimma is the limited cars that actually have the hyper-black installed (also makes getting these unique since so few are out there). Even on the CS website, there is only a couple in this color in the customer rides section and obviously none are Alloy. Going to do a little more searching today and see if I can find a couple more shots, but this morning I am ordering the Goodyear F1s from Tirerack, TPMS bands from AM, and a set of sensors from Newtakeoffs.com. And by days end, make up mind on black verses hyper-black and get those ordered as well.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 PM
retro_pony
2nd Gear Member

Doug, looking at your color of car, have you considered anything in black chrome?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by retro_pony
Doug, looking at your color of car, have you considered anything in black chrome?
Yes, but not really found anything that fits my style. I am a bit old school, yet also want a well built rim that will last. That's part of the reason I am leaning towards CSs as they are a quality rim, have a modern touch, with a slight retro look.
I'll probably just go with the hyper-blacks as they were my first choice as all Alloy cars I have seen with anthracite (like the Razors) or something like these, just seems to blend in nicely.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Part of my delimma is the limited cars that actually have the hyper-black installed (also makes getting these unique since so few are out there). Even on the CS website, there is only a couple in this color in the customer rides section and obviously none are Alloy. Going to do a little more searching today and see if I can find a couple more shots, but this morning I am ordering the Goodyear F1s from Tirerack, TPMS bands from AM, and a set of sensors from Newtakeoffs.com. And by days end, make up mind on black verses hyper-black and get those ordered as well.
Hey Doug go to TMS, they have a photo section broken down by color, the alloy one has hundreds of photos attached, maybe you can find someone there that has what you are looking for.

I went to TMS to get the link and I see you have already been there, lol. So there was no one in all the hundreds of post that has those cs69s?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Yes, I have searched there and this wheel (especially in the hyper-black), is just not very popular. All the more reasoning to get them as I hate looking like everyone else
Old 05-02-2009, 09:44 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by retro_pony
I think Hyper Black is fancy word for Black Chrome

Anyhow...I say go with #1, best of the 3 and goes really well your car
Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

thanks for all your input as I just pulled the trigger and ordered my first choice... Hyper-black CS69s (18in).

Since my stockers are heading up nort' next Sunday, I will hopefully have these installed next weekend and will post some pics!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

thanks for all your input as I just pulled the trigger and ordered my first choice... Hyper-black CS69s (18in).

Since my stockers are heading up nort' next Sunday, I will hopefully have these installed next weekend and will post some pics!
It's about time! Can't wait to see some pictures man.

Quick Reply: Wheel Options - Need some input!!!