Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervinis & Aeroform

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:36 AM
NYCVistaGT

Question Cervinis & Aeroform

I am a genuine fan of the fender/nose extension concept sold by both these companies. However, I prefer a stock hood without scoop to anything each offers in the hoods themselves. Cervinis only offers the Shaker and Vintage Style. I am not even sure if Aero is still in business.

Does anyone on this site know of another company that offers a similar setup. I was thinking of seeing if Cervinis would make me an extended hood that is stock without scoop..Its always easier to add than take away. But $$$ is always relevant.

In the alternative I can buy the Hood with the fender/nose extensions, put away the hood, fabricate some mods for the stock hood and fabricate a rear extension to make up the difference. I understand it is about 1 1/2 inches.

Any thoughts??
Old 08-06-2009, 07:37 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Fang Mustang came up first, with the 69/70 style hoods.
They don't run extensions though, and I don't know if they're still in business.
Call Cervini and ask them is they have a plain hood for that set-up.
It might not be on their site, but it doesn't mean it's not available.

Good luck.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM
NYCVistaGT

Default Checked out Fang

I took a look at the Fang Hood.. I like the concept. Where they fall short are the body lines.

The Cervinis holds the hood line right through to the end, looks stock. The other ones have cutouts or extensions that run across the hood.

Anyone on the site have one of these hoods? Pictures? There does not seem to be too many of these out there.

I think the scoop can be removed from the Vintage Hood, but the Vintage Hood does not seem to work well with Stripes. Center stripe like yours looks good but not a pair..

Does Cervinis have a retail store, or showroom? They are in Jersey.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The vintage hoods didn't have the Le Mans stripes, like the Shelbys.
It was either the almost blacked out 69 deal, like I did, or the 70 scheme found on Mack1s and Boss 302.
The bulge in the middle of that hood throws off any kind of dual stripes, you're right.
That's why you don't see it...

If you're in NYC, I'm sure someone has that Cervini set-up in a show room somewhere...
Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

I don't think Cervinis sells an extension for stock hoods, just the vintage one. I asked them about it when I got my hood from them and they said it was just for the vintage hood. You can still call them up and ask though, it's been almost 2 years since I got my hood so they might have one now.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:24 PM
NYCVistaGT

Default Cervinis Hood

Thanks for the input. I will call over there this week and see what they have, or can fabricate.. I will keep looking otherwise. Maybe have something fabricated.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Aeroform is still in business, btw, but their site also says you have to buy the hood and extensions as a combo
Old 08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

I've seen the cervinis version without any scoop on top; I think they will sell it without the scoop or a hole cut for it. I think it's actually cheaper without the scoop hardware.

Last edited by SlideWRX; 08-11-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Elcameeeno
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYCVistaGT
I took a look at the Fang Hood.. I like the concept. Where they fall short are the body lines.

The Cervinis holds the hood line right through to the end, looks stock. The other ones have cutouts or extensions that run across the hood.

Anyone on the site have one of these hoods? Pictures? There does not seem to be too many of these out there.

I think the scoop can be removed from the Vintage Hood, but the Vintage Hood does not seem to work well with Stripes. Center stripe like yours looks good but not a pair..

Does Cervinis have a retail store, or showroom? They are in Jersey.
I have the concept hood. Looks great, fits great, get lots of compliments. I got mine from American Muscle. Free shipping to a business and no tax!