Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Would love to see some 20's on an 05-09

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Question Would love to see some 20's on an 05-09

Anyone out there got a link to one of their 05-09's with 20's on it? I'm thinking about trading my stock 05 GT chrome wheels in on a set of FOOSE 20's with low profile tires on them that I found on Craigslist, but I don't want to change the stance up a lot, and don't want to have to spend the money to lower it - yet.

Anyone can help me out?

Also, my husband wants me to be sure they're not knock-off FOOSE wheels, says there's another brand out there that's an imitation and even has the FOOSE name on it, but yeah... its a knock-off. Anyone have any advise on how to tell the difference? I'm pretty good at telling 'cheap' from the real deal, its a talent that frustrates my husband to no end - I can pick out the most well made item from a random pile of stuff without fail and it will be the best quality, most expensive item. Drives him crazy, but he's learning to appreciate my talent. LOL But I'd still like to know any tell tale things to look for.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Here is the deal, 20" wheels will not make your cars stance any higher unless you don't put low profile tires on them. So don't worry the car will look just fine with it not lowered. However, of course it will look a LOT nicer once it is.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Well, that's what I figured so far as the difference the tires will make on the stance, but wanted to double check. I will eventually be lowering both of my Mustangs - I just have to catch my husband out of town for a few days to do it - he's strongly opposed to lowering anything, except his OWN Mustang (so if you're keeping up with the math, that's three Mustangs between two people, and we actually own fourth, a 71 that's a major project car) Anyway! Some women cheat on their husbands with other men when they're out of town, I cheat on my husband by sneaking around and modifying my cars when he's not looking. ;-) And I am assuming yours has 20's... and looks lowered... am I right? Because I love its looks....
Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GhostHorse
Well, that's what I figured so far as the difference the tires will make on the stance, but wanted to double check. I will eventually be lowering both of my Mustangs - I just have to catch my husband out of town for a few days to do it - he's strongly opposed to lowering anything, except his OWN Mustang (so if you're keeping up with the math, that's three Mustangs between two people, and we actually own fourth, a 71 that's a major project car) Anyway! Some women cheat on their husbands with other men when they're out of town, I cheat on my husband by sneaking around and modifying my cars when he's not looking. ;-) And I am assuming yours has 20's... and looks lowered... am I right? Because I love its looks....
Yes you would be correct.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

I love it... it has a really aggressive look, and that's what I'm going for with the GT - I can't leave anything stock... How much did you lower it? And sorry to pound you with questions, what kit did you use? Eibach or something else?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I love the way 20's make our cars look. Here is mine but its lowered.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:07 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GhostHorse
I love it... it has a really aggressive look, and that's what I'm going for with the GT - I can't leave anything stock... How much did you lower it? And sorry to pound you with questions, what kit did you use? Eibach or something else?
Not a problem that's what were here for Mine is an Eibach Pro kit, just about 1 1/2" in the front and 2" in the rear.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Here is a pic of my car when I had the Foose wheels on. Mine is lowered with Eibach Sportlines which are a little lower than the Pro Kit. It is a bit aggressive for everyday driving but it sits perfect in my eyes.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Here is the Foose on a friends car with Pro Kit.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Those are the exact FOOSE wheels I'm looking at (!!), but I'll probably have mine powder coated if I get them for the $$$ I think I can/will. Not sure that color would look good on the Cherry Bomb considering what I'm about to do with her. ;-)

And the 1.5 in front and 2 in back drop is what I thought it looked like, and what I had in mind for mine... Thank you, both of you!

Quick Reply: Would love to see some 20's on an 05-09